Monday, October 22, 2012

Updates

So, I am officially a terrible blogger.  Apparently I have decided to take an extended leave of absence following the calendar contest.  My bad.  I've actually been super busy the past month or so.  I got a new work-from-home part time job, which along with taking care of Hadley and daily chores, eats up a lot of my free time.  I am loving working again, but it doesn't leave much time for blogging.  I am also crazy busy gearing up for Hadley's 1st birthday party, which is this upcoming Sunday! For some reason I have decided that I am Martha Stewart and am hand making table linens and birthday banners.  More work that I anticipated. Oy.   Hopefully it all turns out adorable and is worth it ;)

Enough about me though, the real reason for this post was to update you on Mr. Gibson!  I know, I have neglected him on his own blog big time.  Like, for reals. DSC_8893

The reason why I haven't talked much about him lately is probably because he has been a complete pain in the butt.  He's taken off more times than I can count in the past few months.  Always comes back, but still.  One time, I was walking him WITH HIS LEASH ON, when he spotted a squirrel, pulled so hard that I lost hold of the leash and then almost got hit by a garbage truck.  Luckily, the driver saw me struggling with his leash and started to slow down an come to a complete stop before he hit my dog.  Ugh.  Seriously, Gibson would have been smushed otherwise :(

DSC_8391

I don't know.  I kind of realized that I haven't been giving him enough love lately, so that could be part of the problem.  Isn't that awful?  We'd come home and just say, "hi dog" instead of taking the time to bend over and pet the poor guy.  He'd be so excited to see me in the morning, but I'd just zombie-ly walk him to the back door, let him out, feed him and then ignore him til it was time to go for a walk.  So, I've been taking more time to pet him, cuddle him, talk to him and play with him for the past month or so, and I've seen an improvement.  I've also thought about signing him up for obedience class again. The one he took when he was just a puppy.  I think he needs it.  His recall is pretty much dunzo.

His barking also got pretty uncontrollable again.  I know, I posted before about how Operation No Bark was a success, but we got lazy.  I still believe that the Pet Agree Ultrasonic Training Aid is an amazing product and with work it works great, but again,  we are lazy apparently.  SO, I broke down and got Gibson a citronella spray collar!  And... it has been awesome!!  How does it work?  Well, he barks and it sprays him in the face.  Pretty much annoys him enough that he'll stop barking.  And he's figured out that if he barks quietly enough, he doesn't get sprayed, which is fine with us!! It's that loud high pitched bark that just drives us nuts!  I don't keep it on him all the time.  Just when he starts acting up or when I put Hadley down for a nap.  Has worked out great. He has learned that his barking is annoying I think.. finally!  I will update on this in a few weeks to let you know if I am still happy with it :)

In happier updates, he went for his annual wellness exam this month and it was the best vet visit ever!  We haven't been to the vet since his last wellness exam last year! Isn't that crazy?  I credit that to his enzymes that I put on his food. No more upset tummies!   Besides that, he is 24.7lbs (up a little, but not bad), his teeth went from a 2 to a 1.5 on the bad teeth scale (woohoo!) and the vet said he is generally doing great!  I was pretty proud that I at least was able to take somewhat decent care of Gibson while raising an infant :) (well, health-wise at least..)

Well, that's it for now.  I really didn't mean to write this long of a post, but I guess I had a lot to say :)  Hopefully, it won't be that long between updates again :)

2 comments:

Paula said...

Yeah on Gibson's health check!! All corgis think they can man their own leash :)

Lisa Harris said...

Gibson says "Give me all your lovin' all your hugs and kisses too!" "I promise I will share with Hadley"

Related Posts with Thumbnails