Wednesday, May 2, 2012

6 Months

6months

6monthshelmet

Hadley had her 1/2 birthday on Sunday!  Can you believe it?  I kind of can.  It's be a long 6 months.. haha. This past month has probably been the hardest so far.  She started it off just whining all day most days and then not sleeping AT ALL.  She would get up 8+ times every night.  I was soooo completely sleep deprived.  After reading the book, "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child", I realized that she was so upset and not sleeping because she was so overtired.  SO we started a new bedtime routine at 5:30 every day and her sleeping has become so much better since.  AND *knock on wood* I'm happy to say that last night she slept 12 hours straight without waking up once!!  WOOOOO!

 DSC_5828

This was her first full month with the helmet too.  It has been ok.  She doesn't seem to mind it at all anymore... and I even look forward to driving to her appointments every week, which are about an hour away.  Something to do I guess.. haha.  She's been making great progress, they say, and should be done with the band in 2-3 weeks.  Ugh, I can't wait!!  It's really not THAT big of a pain, but I just want to have a normal child that can go places without being stared at.  I really don't mind it that much, but still.  I just want people to see my adorable baby and not her helmet. And I'd love to be able to hold my child without some hard plastic digging into my arm. Oucha.

The helmet has totally cleared up most of the scratches on her head and forehead, which is nice.. but because of that she has taken up scratching her cheek like CRAZY!  She was actually just prescribed some antibiotic ointment for it because it has become mildly infected. Poor baby :(  

Other that that, there really hasn't been any problems with the band at all.  Still can't wait to be done with it though :)

Hadley celebrated her first Easter this month!  Look at the pretty little girl...
DSC_5893

That outfit came off quick though, cause we actually took her to her first baseball game that day!  We went to see the St. Louis Cardinals play up in Milwaukee!DSC01622

That was interesting.. haha.   We at first had seats way up high and it was so crowded and we were right underneath the speakers and the air conditioning (It was freezing!).   We immediately starting looking for somewhere else to sit because Hadley was obviously freaking out a bit.  We found an empty section of bleachers and made our way there after the 1st inning.  SO MUCH BETTER!  I was able to nurse her and change her without bothering anyone and had so much more room.  Bleachers rock :)

Another development this month.. She can sit unassisted!
DSC_5920

And I caught it on tape :)


AND she tried her first solids..  DSC_5974
Which I stopped for a few weeks and am going to try again now.  I didn't know what I was doing.. haha.   She had her 6 month checkup on Monday and they explained all about starting solids so I feel a little better about it now.  We'll see how it goes.

Her checkup went pretty well.  She weighs WAY less than I thought.  14.1lbs.  Only up about a half pound since her 4 month visit.  The doctor says this is totally fine though and she is just slowing down to the proportions that she'll actually be.  They say a baby is supposed to double their weight by 6 months, which would make Hadley almost 18lbs!  Her doc said since she started off so big, it's normal not to double.  Plus since Ben and I are on the smaller side, she probably will be too :)  Yay!
DSC_5988

I've broken out my sewing machine this past week and started using some of her monthly photoshoot fabric!  I first made a 'pacifier catcher' for her crib.  It's pretty much a crib bumper, but it's sole purpose is to catch her damn binks that always fall down behind her crib.  I was having to move her crib 2 or 3 times a night to go get them for her.  Not fun.  This catches them all and looks super cute :)DSC_6049

I also made her some baby blocks!   I was going to buy her some soft blocks but then Ben said that I could totally make them myself.  I didn't believe him, but then I found this tutorial on pinterest and decided to get to work!
DSC_6059
I love them!!  I added some plastic to make them crinkle and little tins of altoids and tic tacs inside to make them rattle.  So crafty I am ;)

Hadley likes them too!  She loves shaking them and putting them in her mouth (of course).  Plus they are super cute...
DSC_6054


Speaking of putting things in her mouth.. She is still teething pretty hard, but no teeth yet!   I decided to get her a baltic amber teething necklace to help with the pain.   It's supposed to be a natural pain reliever somehow.. don't ask me haha.   Not sure if it actually works, but she has been more pleasant since we got it for her.
DSC_6070

Hmm I think that's it! Long update this time :)  


And now it's time for some cute Hadley pics!!

DSC_6083

DSC_6163

DSC_6193

8 comments:

Paula said...

Kelly she is so adorable!
Love those big blue eyes! and always smiling :)

Lisa Harris said...

Kelly she is just too adorable for words. I am living vicariously as a "grandma" through your blog. I love all the pics of Hadley and Gibson. For now I live happily with my fur babies!

Mary said...

Hadley is a doll! I love reading your updates as my Nora is 2 months younger than Hadley. I can see what I have to look forward to (and to watch out for!) Can I ask what your bedtime routine is? I'm currently wondering if we should change up ours; sleep issues are so stressful! I also laughed about Gibson's hesitant attitude around Hadley. Our Ginger is the same way around Nora. The baby has started to watch the corgi but the corgi's suspicious of baby. And Ginger just stares at me when Nora cries, looking like "please make this baby stop. PLEASE." Can't wait til they become friends!

Kelly said...

@Mary
Her routine is pretty simple. Around 5:30 every night I give her a bath, and then put lotion on her and put her pjs on, nurse her til she's almost asleep and then put her to bed :)

Mary said...

I just tried out the nighttime lotion last night! Not sure if it's magic or coincidence but it was a good night. :) The bath is the only thing I haven't tried at night. She LOVES splashing in the tub so I'm afraid it'll rile her up too much for bedtime. Can't wait to introduce her to the pool!

Whosyergurl said...

Kelly,
She is adorable!
xo, Cheryl

Sara Roxanne said...

Yaaaaay! Congratulations on sleeping through the night - I hope this means mama is sleeping too. :) Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child is an awesome book. Hadley is absolutely adorable by the way.

Lisa Harris said...

Happy Mother's Day Kelly, enjoy your day. My four sons will be joining us later in the day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails