Monday, January 9, 2012

Accent Vlog


And now for something completely different!  A video blog! AKA, vlog.  An accent vlog to be exact.   What is an accent vlog?  Basically, you are supposed to take a video of yourself saying different words and phrases so people, who normally just read your words, can actually hear what you sound like :)   It's fun.   I've watched a ton of these from other people (most recently, Aparna from Not A Leaf), so I figured I should join in and share mine too.


So here’s how it works. I’m supposed to record a video of myself saying the following words:

aunt, route, wash, oil, theater, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, new orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, spitting image, alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pajamas, caught

And then I’m supposed to answer the following questions:

  • what is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
  • what is the bug that curls into a ball when you touch it?
  • what is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
  • what do you call gym shoes?
  • what do you say to address a group of people?
  • what do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
  • what do you called the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
  • what do you call it when rain falls when the sun is shining?
  • what is the thing you change the tv channel with?
So, here it is..  No makeup.. messy hair.. pjs... baby in arms... dog barkin...  normal Monday morning for me :)



Hope you enjoyed it.. and hope you do one too!!   So do you think I have an accent??

7 comments:

Aparna B. @ Not A Leaf said...

How adorable are you? And Hadley too! I like how Gibson was guarding your house and letting you know what was going on outside. So cute. I don't think you have an accent at all! You do say "ruin" differently than I do. I heard you say it like "roon", but maybe it was just my sound on the computer. How fun!

Kelly said...

haha yeah, I think I do say "roon".. Too funny :)

CorGeek said...

LOL! You don't have an accent...you're from the Midwest! Everyone ELSE has an accent. :D

Lisa said...

Yes, you have a wonderful accent! You were lucky enough to be brought up in the Midwest, which I am not sure why MI,WI,IN,IL etc. is called the midwest but, I am from Michigan and we had the same answers to the ?s. Also you sound like us! Love Gibson in the window.

Amy said...

I gotta go with CorGeek on this one... yay Midwest! Although Gibson may have an accent... where is he from again? ;-)

Rachel said...

Yay Midwest! I'm from Michigan and I get told I say Boxes and Costco funny. It's the nasaly MI accent.

Lynsey said...

Funny, I'm from Oregon and you don't sound like you have much of any accent to me. Maybe it's because my mom grew up in the Midwest and still had a bit of an accent when I was little...

I think that "dragon" and "bag" should be added to the word list because I know a lot of people make fun of the way I say them (sounds like "dray-gun" and "beygs"). I 'd like to hear how other people say them. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails