Friday, December 30, 2011

2 Months

DSC_4150

Baby girl is 2 months old!

I'd say time is flying, but it seems like she's been in our lives much longer than that!  I can't imagine life without her :)

Things have been going much better since the first month.  The new normal is feeling more normal...  if that makes sense :)   And I've been making a point to get out of the house at least every other day and going shopping or some other type of  outing.  She's now been to Costco, Trader Joes, Christmas tree shopping, Ben's work, my old work, Target and Kohls.  I can tell she likes the new scenery and new things to look at.

She's still sleeping and eating like a champ.  She sometimes sleeps 8 or 9 hours so I can't complain at all!  And breastfeeding has been going fabulously.  I feel so lucky about that too!

DSC_4207
Hi, little sister

She had her 2 month appointment yesterday and she is now 12.3lbs!  Still a chunky butt!   Other than that she is doing great, but is apparently favoring her left side too much :(  So we are having to do some stretches and kind of forcing her to lay her head on the right side more so her head does not become misshapen. Poo :(  Hopefully we can correct it before she needs physical therapy or has to wear a helmet!  Yikes!

Besides that though, she's perfect :)   She's begun smiling, laughing and cooing and it is so cute!
DSC_4210

Her first Christmas was great.  We spent Christmas Eve & morning at our house and then traveled to my parents and then Ben's parent's the day after.  I was pretty stressed about how she'd do in the car for that long (1.5 hrs and 2.5 hrs ), but she did amazing!  She slept the whole way the first two trips and then only cried a few times on the way back.  I don't know how we got so lucky!

DSC_4100

DSC_4117
Check out my super snazzy Christmas dress, while Gibson checks out my foot!

So, things have been going well.  It makes me think about how things were when we first got Gibson and everything was soo difficult, but now those things seem like second nature.  Hopefully, it will be the same with Miss Hadley :)


DSC_4144

6 comments:

Leonora H Bravo said...

She is sooo SQUISHY!! Congratulations!!

Anne Tsang said...

You have a gorgeous family! My husband and I are contemplating getting a corgi after reading your blog. Best wishes to you and family in the new year!

Whosyergurl said...

Kelly, she is so adorable! What a chunkers. :-) You must all be doing well. Love the dress & hat.
xo, Cheryl

Katie said...

I love all the pictures and updates! Hope everything continues to go well. You have some of the cutest "babies" ever!!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! Love your updates!

Lindsay said...

Oh My Gosh! I feel like you're mirroring my life :) LOVE IT.

She is so beautiful, and I'm glad Gibby is at least tolerating it. I know what you mean about the grumpy pants! Gizmo is grumpy a lot more now that Olive is around - and has taken up residence in the guest room to get away from her night feedings!

Keep on keepin on mama, doing a great job it looks! I may be partial to chunky babies, congrats on giving her the best nutrition EVER too!

Lindsay

Related Posts with Thumbnails