Wednesday, November 30, 2011

1 Month

My baby is one month old already!  OH and she's a super chunk. Her 1 month check up was today and she weighs almost 11lbs! That's 2lbs gained since she was born.  Sheesh!

DSC_3745

Things have been crazy and I've pretty much been running on Hadley time.  The only time I get anything done is when she's sleeping, so I apologize for the lack of posts.  Luckily, she is a wonderful sleeper at night *knock on wood*.  She consistantly sleeps 5-6hrs straight at night (and then 3 more after that) and this weekend she slept for 8 hrs straight! It was nuts, but I'm not complaining :)

She may have been extra sleepy from all the visitors we had over this weekend.  Both of our families came over for Thanksgiving! It was nice and I think Mr. Gibson especially liked the attention.

With someone else here, we were FINALLY able to take our first family photo!
DSC_3735

Hurrah!

But yeah.. I've been trying to figure out how to get back to life on my new baby schedule.  Gibson has been neglected, but he is being a good boy about it and not complaining too much.  I used to wake up with Gibson whenever the sun came up.  Fed him, hopped my computer, walked him, then ate breakfast and got ready for the day.  NOW, I wake up whenever Hadley wakes me up, change her, feed her, put her back to bed, let Gibson out, and then hand the monitor off to Ben before he has to go to work.  This is when I try to walk the dog.  It sometimes works out and sometimes doesn't.  The past few days it hasn't worked out :(

But I am trying to make things work! Yesterday, I took Hadley for an afternoon walk w/Gibson in our Ergo Carrier and today I took her for a walk with us in her stroller when we got back from the doctors!  I felt so accomplished to do something out of the house without Ben.  It's the little things, people ;)

So, life has been crazy, but slowly getting a little easier.  Still can't complain much :)  I love my fatty dog and fatty baby!

DSC_3713

11 comments:

Whitney said...

What an adorable little family you've got! Way to go Momma! :)

Katie said...

We're expecting a baby in March, and I'm kind of worried/guilty about the dog feeling neglected or not getting the same pampering he's used to. (No, my dog isn't spoiled at all.) I hope you get your dog schedule worked out! :)

Angela said...

I can't believe she's already a month old either! Wow! She's gorgeous! I remember how hard it was with my first. You'll get all the kinks worked out soon I'm sure. I'm sure Gibson is loving his new sister. I remember when I had my daughter our chihuahua thought she was her baby! She would let me know when the baby was awake and she would sit at the top of the steps guarding her from who knows what but it was so sweet.

Jayme G said...

I so enjoy your blog! What a beautiful family you have. I think our Corgi Gracie has a crush on Gibson - he's so adorable. Love your pics and stories!

Kerri said...

How wonderful! you have a lovely family. I remember when my little girl was itsy bitsy... now she is a "big girl" all of 3 years old now haha! Have fun with her they grow up in a blink of an eye.

That corgi :) said...

Beautiful family, Kelly! I can't believe it has been a month either! Time sure flies! I wouldn't worry about Hadly and her weight, I'm sure she is just doing fine!

It will come together with schedules etc. You'll get it together and then it will be time to consider another baby....then the fun begins!

betty

Kylee said...

You will get a routine Kelly. It will all come in time. By the time spring comes, you can bundlle the baby up and you all can go for your walks together. I remember my dogs and how bad I felt with neglecting them, but, it all works out and the dogs understand. Cleo looked at this one and was like huh, another one, didn;t even phase her, a big change from when we had jake. SHe wanted to hide EVERYTHING!!! Now, I guess she is just used to it and maybe too old to care!! Hadley is very cute in pics and I can't wait to meet her!!

The Sprollies 'n' Border Collies said...

That's a lovely family photo you have there :)

Whosyergurl said...

Kelly,
WOW, that went fast! I can't believe it has been a month already!
She is beautiful and your family photo is just perfect- Hadley is looking at the camera!
Gibson will be o.k. I think he understands he has a sister now and you are a little busier.
xo, Cheryl

Simply Life said...

oh she is SO adorable!

Karen and Bailey said...

happy 1 month to hadley. Do you pronounce it HAD-LEE or HAYED-LEE?

great family photo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails