Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bumpdate: 34 Weeks

Only 6 weeks to go!


I've been feeling pretty good for the most part!  Leg cramps are not as frequent and I've been sleeping a little better.  Nausea has decided to return though :(  It's just mildly annoying though.  Nothing like the first trimester :)    I'm still able to move around pretty well, so Gibson is still getting his 1.5-2 mile morning walks in!   As for eating, I mainly want veggies, fruit and chocolate :)  Anything spicy or fatty gives me horrible heartburn/acid reflux.   That supposedly means my baby will have a full head of hair when she's born, but I doubt it.

Gibson has barked at 3 babies this summer.  The third one being yesterday (which I guess isn't summer anymore..but you get the point).  I think they just totally freak him out cause they are so small!  It's not a mean bark.. more like a "whoa! Who are you and why are you so small and quiet and not moving much?  Why don't you want to love me??"  He just doesn't get it :-/   I am hoping hoping hoping that he'll get used to Baby H quickly and then never bark at a baby again...

I mentioned that I had my first baby shower a few weeks ago and I finally got a few photos to share :)   It was an awesome shower! My mom and best friend threw it for me and did an awesome job.  It was owl themed to match the nursery!

Look at the awesome cupcakes my bff made!!



There were also jars made to look like owls (which I don't have a good photo of) filled with "puppy chow" for the favors and the centerpieces were bowls filled w/candy and chocolate covered pretzels w/little owls on them.   So cute!

I also got a bunch of owl gifts :)



My family and friends were so generous that we received most of the things we needed! And I have another shower in a few weeks, which my friends here in town are sweetly throwing me :)  I feel so lucky to have such great family and friends!!!

The nursery is still coming along and is more crowded than ever ;)   We built Baby H a little closet  and I made a curtain for it last weekend.  Turned out pretty well if I do say so myself.   I also hung a decal over her crib, but I will keep that a secret for now... mainly because it keeps falling off so I'm not sure it will stay there ;)  

DSC_3058

Oh and if you are interested.. here's more of the bathroom progress...

DSC_3061

It's almost done.. just a few finishing touches that need to be completed before the 'Big Reveal' ;)

That's it for now. Have a good day!!

4 comments:

Whosyergurl said...

Love it that you call it "bumpdate!"
I carried my daughter much the same...a little basketball high and out front and I had terrible heartburn, too.
I love that owl pillow and your nursery is adorable. Love the pink & green.
My daughter used that same sling bed for my granddaughter until about 5.5 months and she slept great in it! xo, Cheryl

Emily said...

You look great! I hate that the nausea has returned, but glad it's not as bad as the first trimester! Maybe Gibson is just getting prepared for the newbie to come! I am sure he will love the baby and be very protective once the baby arrives. All of my parents' corgis have been very intrigued by babies and did very well with us, so I'm sure Gibson will be just fine!

That corgi :) said...

You are glowing, Kelly! You look beautiful!! Loved the owl theme with your shower and those cupcakes did look delicious! The nursery looks so neat!!

I'm sure Gibson will do great with the baby; I'm sure he will be very curious at first!

betty

Ashley said...

I'm sure Gibson will be fine with the baby, and you will be surprised how well the baby copes with his barking--its easy to forget that she has been hearing him bark for the past several months! I couldn't believe it when my newborn son didn't freak out when our corgi, Murphy barked...he was more terrified of me sneezing, ha! You look great, not much longer now :-D

Related Posts with Thumbnails