Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bumpdate: Week 29

Well, I am still growing!



I am 29 weeks pregnant today and a week into my third trimester!  So crazy that I am in the home stretch :)  I'm still feeling pretty good, but am starting to get more and more uncomfortable.. especially at night.   Waking up w/leg/hip pain is an almost every night occurrence.  And I can almost feel and SEE my belly stretching to make more room for baby.  Speaking of baby, she has gotten a burst of energy and strength the past few days!  Kicks are starting to actually hurt and I look down and my belly is moving like crazy.  Pregnancy is such cool/weird experience!

We've been trying to get the house ready for Baby H's arrival and actually started a huge project a few weeks ago: Putting a bathroom downstairs!    We used to only have one bathroom, which was upstairs.  The previous owners, for some strange reason, converted the downstairs bathroom into an office (and we have been using it as a junk room).   Why? No clue.  So, we thought we'd change it back :)  

In the past 2 weeks it's gone from this:

DSC_2873

To this:

DSC_2915

Yay!  It just needs paint and then the guys can finish installing everything and we'll be good to go!  We also decided since the room was so big, that we'd only use part of it for the bathroom and use the other part for a walk in closet!  So, our guest room (which the bathroom is off of) will be a "master suite".  Aren't we fancy? ;)

The nursery is also coming along.  I broke out my new sewing machine and made a blanket and a pillow using some bright green fabric w/owls on it.  I also made a no sew crib skirt, which was a pain in the ass, but ended up looking nice!  Next time, I think I'd rather just use a sewing machine.  For accessories so far, I found a lamp at target that matched perfectly, we bought an owl hamper on our babymoon and recently bought a swirly green rug to add some warmth/comfort to the hardwood floor.  Here's how it's looking..

DSC_2926

The art behind the crib and the mirror (I think) are gonna go at some point.. along w/all my sewing/measuring tools on the dresser ;)   But I think it's looking somewhat nursery-ish so far! :)

Well, that's all for now.  Hope everyone has a great day!

5 comments:

Vanna said...

You look beautiful. I have always thought pregnancy is such a beautiful thing. The babies room looks good. Simple and pretty. I love the owl stuff.

That corgi :) said...

you look gorgeous! won't be too long and you will be holding your precious little girl (I think I figured out her name, but won't say anything; I'm sure you are so very anxious to see her!)

betty

Amy said...

I love how bright the nursery is! I think ours is a little dark but the ONLY thing Kevin requested while we were registering was espresso colored furniture. How can you say no to their one singular request??? :-)

Laurie said...

You look great! As does the bathroom and nursery :)

Karen and Bailey said...

yay! the nursery is too cute. love the green /brown color theme. i like the mirror there, but yea the arts got to go! especially right over the crib!

cant wait to find out what the name is :)

and i didint realized that bailey and gibson were so close in age! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails