Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Birthday, Gibson!!!

Today is Gibson's 3rd Birthday!!!   He is 3!  Which means 21 in people years.  Holy cow, isn't it about time you move out, dude? ;)   Ben joked yesterday that he'll give him some beer today, haha.

I thought I'd make Gibson a birthday cake this year, since I like to bake and I never have made a doggy treat before.   Well, it was kind of a failure.  I won't even share the recipe that I found because it was that terrible.  I knew something was wrong when the "batter" looked more like bread dough.   It turned out like a crumbly cookie mess.. BUT!  It doesn't taste that bad from a human's perspective, so I'm sure Gibson will gobble it up regardless :)   Anyways, here it is in all it's messy glory:

DSC_2681

hehe, yummy, no?   It is a peanut butter and banana cake w/cream cheese frosting and goldfish topping!  I was going to give it to him this morning, but I apparently left my camera on all night last night and drained it's battery.  I will have to do another post showing him eating the goods :)

So, today will be a day of spoiling for Gibson.  I'm letting him run around "in his birthday suit" all day so he's nice and comfy.  We took a walk this morning and he went all sorts of weird ways and I let him chase a squirrel up a tree (in our yard, so I knew he wasn't going anywhere :) ) and also go say hi to his friend, Bingo, across the street.  

And now he wants my breakfast I'm eating.  Hang on dude.  You've got cake to eat later!!! :)

Happy 3rd Birthday, Buddy boy!!  It's your last birthday as an only child ;)

13 comments:

Paula said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIBSON!

Vanna said...

Happy Birthday Gibson.

My corgi turns 2 on the 4th. How exciting.

Ashley said...

Happy birthday to Gibbers! Hey, the cake looks tasty to me! I'm sure he will love it. =]

Spaulding Acres said...

Happy Birthday Gibson!!
xoxo Charlotte

Paige, Dexter & Violet said...

Happy birthday from your CorgiPals team. WE LOVE YOU GIBBERS!

Briese said...

Happy Birthday, Gibson! Live it up!

Whosyergurl said...

Happy Birthday, Gibson! I remembered that he and Chelsea are nearly the same age...she was three, yesterday.

xo, Cheryl

Jules(: said...

Happy Birthday Gibbers!

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Gibson! My Pem, Blue turns 4 on July 17, the day I took him out of the pound to his forever home last year. Don't woof the cake down all at once! Although I know Blue would. :)

Peanut said...

Haha. I love the goldfish topping! Happy birthday Gibson! :D He's grown up so fast *tear tear*

Aparna E. said...

Eeps! I'm a little late responding to this one. I hope Gibson had a wonderful birthday :) He's growing up! But he'll always be a puppy at heart <3 Have a great holiday and birthday weekend buddy!

That corgi :) said...

belated happy birthday Gibson! you'll make a fine older brother!

betty

darthemerald said...

I made the same-ish cake for my pup when she turned 3 last month... silly pics of her enjoying her first puppy bday cake

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32160741&l=d500644fa1&id=41900768

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32160738&l=b5640bc8e8&id=41900768

I also tasted it, it reminded me of a sort of banana bread. I topped it with banana bits and cottage cheese and little pieces of jerky as candles :-p

Related Posts with Thumbnails