Tuesday, July 5, 2011

doggy hangover

My poor guy had a rough weekend.  He had a blast for 2 days, but it was just too much for his little body to handle.  This is what he looked like all day yesterday...

DSC_2707

It started on Friday w/his birthday celebration.  We just kind of spoiled him and let him take longer walks and we hung out outside w/him and played w/him all night.  Nice and relaxing, but fun, birthday.  

On Saturday, we headed over to my parents house.  It was super hot, so we were in the pool most of the day.  Gibson had to be put in and cooled off at least 10 times.  Yet, he wouldn't take a break.  He was running around like a mad man the entire day.  At night, we lit off fireworks and he wanted to be right in on the action.   He does ok w/fireworks, but a few times he would actually try to run up to scare the fireworks away/protect us from them.  He is nuts.  But whenever we'd put him inside, he'd cry and scratch to get out.  What to do w/this little dude...   I stayed up pretty late for me (almost midnight!) and Gibson did the same.  Only, I don't think he slept at all.  Not even a single nap since he had woken up that morning.  I knew the next day was going to be  rough...

Sunday started off the same as the day before.  He was still being a nut and wanting to run around and play fetch and not stop.   Around 3 we headed over to my cousin's for a 4th of July party and I think Gibson was excited to get into the car so he could finally sleep.  Little did he know, we were going to even more excitement and people at another house.  I wouldn't normally have taken him w/us, but Ben and I were heading straight home from the party so we kind of needed our precious cargo w/us.  Well, Gibson was completely overwhelmed at this party.  I think there were at least 25-30 people there and about 6 dogs.  He was running around, barking at anyone who dared to throw a ball (playing bags or volleyball) and eating any food he found on the ground.  We only stayed for a few hours and I couldn't take it anymore, so we left.

Gibson was so dead tired that he couldn't even jump into the car to go home.  I hadn't fed him yet, so I threw a half cup of his food in his crate and then we headed home.

When we got there, the first thing he did was drink almost an entire bowl of water :(  I felt so bad that he was so thirsty for the hour and a half ride home.  Poor guy :(    We were all exhausted and all three of us went to bed before 9:30.

Yesterday, things started to get back to normal for Gibson.  We took a nice long walk in the morning and then he slept pretty much the rest of the day.  He had spurts of energy where he wanted to play, but I think sometimes that he feels like he needs to entertain me. I could tell that he was really actually very sleepy.    Last night, we were changing the sheets, and he couldn't wait to get in bed so we made him into it :)

So, I thought he was fine after a stressful weekend and just needed some rest.. but today was off again.  The first thing he did this morning was go out and eat a bunch of grass.... And then refuse to eat his breakfast... We took a shorter walk where he pooped 2 normal poops, then he came back in and ate what was in his bowl... but then I could tell he had a tummy ache.  He curled up by me and gave me the saddest eyes :(  Ugh! He is such a sensitive little guy!!  I let him out to see if he needed to go, but he just laid down in the grass.   He perked up later when I made myself breakfast and seemed fine when I left for work, so hopefully it was just a temporary tummy ache..  *sigh* we will see...

Hope everyone else had a nice holiday weekend and was less eventful for your doggy than mine was..

2 comments:

Amy said...

Winnie was a total scardy-cat durring the fireworks. Last year she crawled up on our laps so we could protect her. Pretty cute, really.

That corgi :) said...

I have to tell you, I got tired reading all that Gibson did over the weekend! I can imagine why he was not himself that first few days afterwards, but glad to hear he is back to his usual self now!

betty

Related Posts with Thumbnails