Thursday, June 30, 2011

House Changes

This past weekend, we did a little rearranging.  Gibson was quite confused.  I think he thought we were leaving or going on vacation or leaving him forever.  Something dramatic ;)    But no, we were just moving furniture around and everything was fine in Gibsonland  in a few hours ;)

So anyways, here WAS our guest room:
DSC_2627
I loved the quilt and euro pillows I bought for this room. They will be missed. Both were pottery barn, but bought on eBay for cheap cheap!


The other wall has these built in cabinets.  I tried to make it look cozy and relaxing for guests ;)

But now.. this stuff has been moved out to make room for our nursery!
DSC_2646
Just the crib and dresser in there now, but it's a start!

I have big plans already swirling in my brain for this room.  One of which is the overall theme, which you can preview in this photo:
DSC_2649

Yep, that's a bunch of fabric I bought to make bedding and other room decor.  I do not sew!  I am crazy! But I'm going to try :)  Stay tuned!

Oh yes, and that guest room?  It is now downstairs in my office (now office/guest room).  I kind of like it here!  I can take naps (ha!) when I am too tired from working so hard..
DSC_2643


So, that's it.  Not sure why I felt like sharing this, but there ya go :)  Have you made any changes to your house lately? Does your dog freak out when you do?

7 comments:

Corgigrrl said...

wow what a beautiful clean home you have! I love the fabric too!!

cmacf1 said...

While we're on vacation this summer, a friend is redoing my daughters' room. It is going from a garden theme with stenciled picket fence and flowers all the way around the room to hippy/peace sign/black light posters theme. The garden theme was what I created right before our first child came home and she is now almost 9. I'm going to miss that room, but the girls are really ready for a change. I know it's hard for you to imagine your soon to be baby wanting a change in his/her room - I never thought we'd ever get to this point! Your nursery is beautiful!!

Aparna E. said...

Wow, what a pretty space that is and will be for the new little one coming! We live in an apartment so I want to about 87384738 different things and can't. We would paint the walls, but we plan on moving so I don't want to re-paint them white. I can't wait to own a home though and make it exactly how I want it. I also can't wait to give Gryff a yard. He won't know what to do with all that space ;)

Lynsey said...

I just got married, so we had to do a bunch of rearranging to make room for my new hubby! My little Penny was a little weirded out, but I think she most dislikes getting kicked out of the bed! Hubby is allergic, and as much as I love cuddling Penny at night, it's a little more essential that he is able to breathe while sleeping. :)

Boo's Mom said...

Lovely rooms! I hope you'll share the nursery as it progresses -- it will be fun to see how it turns out. Darby gets worried about significant changes in the house and she REALLY notices suitcases. Pumpkin goes with the flow, always.

That corgi :) said...

I like the fabric you chose, Kelly; good luck! I'm sure you will do great sewing with it!! The nursery looks so cute! coming together!

LOL, these days with this new move we are always making changes plus the poor dog (Koda) is six years old and has lived in five houses; he finally gets used to one and we are moving again!!

betty

Deedy said...

oh my! Our 2 yr. old corgi, Daisy (or Daze), notices everything different. This spring she barked and got skittish when I hung a different picture on the wall in the family room! There are currently large plastic wrapped bales of hay adjacent to our property, and she doesn't want to go in that direction to do her 'business"...Generally, she is not fearful...except for approaching thunderstorms....such a tuff-girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails