Now onto the fun stuff.
Last month I asked you all if you'd be interested in a second calendar contest this year that everyone could be involved with..and you seemed quite interested in it! So, here we go.. Announcing..
The Corgi Butts & Friends Calendar!
The theme? Corgi Butts of course! I am looking for your best shots of your corgi's tushies, rear ends, fluffy pants, nubs, etc!
Here are some examples of what I am looking for...
Doesn't seem too hard does it? Want to participate? Well, here's the scoop:
- Each month will feature a corgi's (or multiple corgis) photo (must show it's backside), it's name & location (+website if it has one)
- $1 per calendar sold will be donated to Corgi Pals.
- No prizes for this one, besides having your corgi's photo in a cute calendar for the world to see!
- I am planning on using the photos posted above and then filling in the rest of the months with your submitted photos. If there are lots of photos better than mine though, I'd be happy to choose those over my own!
- I may do a few collages of photos if there are a ton of great entries!
- The calendar will be ready to go for the holiday shopping season!
- This is a very casual contest, so there will be no voting, or finalists.. I will just choose the best photos for the calendar and then put it up for sale!
- ANYONE can submit to this contest. You do not need a blog/website/etc, but if you do have a blog, you are more than welcome to submit as well!
- All entries should be emailed to ksteck23(at)gmail.com - replace (at) with the @ symbol - no later than July 31, 2011.
- Please keep your entries down to 3 per person.
- When you submit your entries, please include your dog's name and location or web address if you have one.
- Please send your original high resolution version of the photos (do not resize or shrink) to ensure the highest quality calendar.
- Photos received may be cropped and resized/edited to fit specific calendar sizes and guidelines.
- You will retain the rights to your own photos, and can still submit them to any other contest, sell them, or use them however else you like!
- Photos needs to show your corgi's butt :) but if their face is in there as well, that is fine!
- Try to get down on their level (on the ground) to get the best possible photo. It makes a huge difference! :)
- Photos should not include humans or any other type of breed/animal.
- Photos can be from previous years if they are your best photos.
- Outdoor and season specific shots always work well!
- There can be multiple corgis per photo submission.
- Pembrokes, Cardigans AND Corgi Mixes are all acceptable.
So there you have it! Let me know if you have any questions. I hope to see some awesome photos soon! Please spread the word!! :) And check back in the next few weeks for submission information for the Corgis (with blogs) 2012 Calendar!!!! :)