Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's that time of year again..

I hope everyone had a great long weekend!  Ours started off w/yucky weather, but yesterday was perfect!

We sort of skipped spring this year and went straight to summer.. but we didn't skip shedding season because of it... that's for sure!  Gibson has been shedding like crazy the past few months.  I usually furminate him once a week and most of his body had lost it's undercoat by now..  Except one area: His butt. For some reason, every year around this time, there is a build up of hair on his butt and nub and I can't seem to brush it out and his tail ends up getting bigger and bigger.  Well, yesterday I decided to change to a normal flat brush instead of the furminator on that area and this happened in three brush strokes:
DSC_2552

All that from just his butt fluff and nub.  In only 3 brush strokes.  Craziness.

DSC_2553

I think there is still more to go though.. such a fluffy little butt!!

DSC_2549
I did good, ma.  Gives me back my hairs :)


How is the shedding season going for you?  Does your corgi have an excess of butt hair!?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can NOT get all my Corgis butt hair no matter what I do. for some reason however my male corgi sheds much more and has more butt fluff than my female. im not sure why that is.

Paige and Dexter said...

omg we have dog hair EVERYWHERE. You would think Dexter exploded in the middle of my living room...

Rachel said...

OH MY GOD, the butt. There is so much fur in Amy's buttfloof! It comes out in handfuls! Handful after handful! And then, more handfuls! I am so glad to know I am not the only corg-mama to so suffer. I thought there was something wrong with her...

Aparna E. said...

Yeah, we have dog hair every where. I made the mistake of wearing black today 1). because it's hotter than Hades outside and 2). dog hair is definitely apparent. That's a lot of hair you took off Gibson! Wow. You've reminded me that it might be time for Gryff to go to the doggie spa for the Furminator treatment.

Whosyergurl said...

sometimes I just grab a hold of Chelsea's rump and come away with a hand of hair and she looks at me like "why did you do that?"

Gibson is so pretty. Looks very healthy. Hope you are feeling well. xo, Cheryl

Amy said...

It's this time of year I love my leather couch. Just wipe it down and you're hair free! PS, I love that Gibson wants his hairs back. :-)

Life With Corgis said...

OK! Glad to know I'm not the only one plagued by Corgi Butt Hair! It is absolutely ridiculous! After the brushing my Jack endures, I complain that I've just brushed another Corgi right out of him!

Karen and Bailey said...

yes! shedding has been nuts. ive vacuumed three times this week. haha and brushed and furminated and slickered.

The Sprollies 'n' Border Collies said...

That's a lotta butt hair! I've never seen anything like it!

Katie said...

We have all the same problem I will brush and brush and furminate Whiskey all day long and I still get more and more fur. I vacumed our living room the other day and had to empty the canister 3 times!!!

The Bee Charmer said...

Ugh! Corgi butt fuzz in the spring is the worst!!! Bless their little fuzzy hearts!!! Mine have to go to the spa and get the 'shedicure' for the butt fuzz. I have given up. I cannot handle it alone. I have called in professionals!

Rachel said...

@The Bee Charmer
I call in the pros whenever I'm about to have a big big party for which I do not wish to have my guests leave plastered in corgi fuzz! Maybe just a couple times a year. Mostly I just live with the constant avalanche of furz. I lent a book to my mom, and she remarked that Amy furz kept falling out, like wee fluffy bookmarks. And somehow furz got in to her laundry, before she'd even come to visit! Amy's got both coasts covered in fur! CORGI WORLD DOMINATION IN 3... 2... 1... !!

Cathy and Audrey said...

Rusty is a Cardigan Corgi.. bigger than a Pembroke and more hair than you can imagine. How can so little dog food turn into so much hair!

Related Posts with Thumbnails