Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Good to know..

I received this in an email from whattoexpect.com today about my 17th week of pregnancy:
Your baby is almost certainly listening up by now. In fact, loud noises — the dog barking, the doorbell ringing — will actually startle your baby (and also get him or her used to such noises; for instance, fetuses who regularly hear a dog barking will become babies who sleep right through Fido's outburst)

Nice!  Um, keep on barking, Gibson? lol

Speaking of the corgi of the blog.. Last night he went crazy!  Ben had a softball game, so we left for that around 6:30 and went to the bar afterwards (for some water, yeehaw ;) ).. so we didn't get back til after 9.   Well, Gibson was wired!  When I went to bed at 10, he wanted to PLAY.  He went back downstairs w/Ben when we turned off the light.. but then a few minutes later I hear him CHARGING up the stairs and zooming into our room.  I thought Ben was chasing him, but nope.  He zoomed right around our bed and decided to crawl underneath it (well, scooting himself underneath it.. I don't think he can stand up at all under there), came out the other side and then did about 10 zoomies back and forth through the hallway!  Haha, now THAT is what I call frapping, my friends.  There were track marks on our carpet this morning from it.   He just wanted to RUN!  And then... he wanted to sleep.  Poor guy passed out about a minute later :)  

Endless entertainment when you own a corgi ;)

10 comments:

Aparna E. said...

That is definitely good information to know!! And that's pretty cute that Gibson got that second wind. Did he do that as a puppy too at the end of the night before passing out? I kind of miss it. Gibson's so cute! :)

Paige and Dexter said...

Gibson: Lord of the Frap

Amy said...

I'm all for babies that sleep with barking dogs!

Karen and Bailey said...

hahah. cute. never heard of nighttime frapping!

Kelly - just wondering - do you love corgis enough to own corgis for the rest of your life?

Kelly said...

@Aparna E.

Yeah, he's pretty much always liked to have a little romp before bed.. Usually though, it's just a little wrestling under the blankets of the bed. Nothing like this!! :)

Kelly said...

@Karen and Bailey

I think so! I don't like to think that far ahead (I like to think Gibson will always be there!).

Ashley said...

Oh thank heavens there IS hope for us when we get pregnant! lol I have always worried/wondered about that because Reese loves her voice. I am not so crazy about it (nor are the neighbors, friends, etc...) and feared we'd have perpetual sleepy-time problems with a baby when it comes to it someday. It's at least a little reassuring. =]

Kristina Koutsouvilis said...

It seems to me that most pets realize when it's time for bed or we just want quiet. That's when they come in and let us know that they need attention. :)

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

So true! The earlier the baby can get used to their fur-sibling's presence the better. Also, the pups can definitely "sense" something's going on too. Maybe he was rehearsing playing with his future sibling ;)

Bailey and Cali - Two Pups, One Tale said...

haha, I love that it specifically talked about dogs barking :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails