Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A glimpse at my future?

I think Gibson is starting to feel a little better.. I now have him on a bland diet and he seems back to his normal self.  Only problem is that his schedule is all screwed up.  He now does not poop in the day time and needs to go out multiple times per night.  Yes, I think he's preparing us for a newborn.

Sunday night was the worst.  Ben and I went to a concert (The National & Arcade Fire. Awesome.  Baby's first rock concert and I made it all the way to the end! I usually go to bed at 9:30! :) ), and didn't get back home til midnight..  Well, then I got to get up at 1am (he had to poops), 4am (he had to pukes :( ) and 5am (he had to barks).   We were all like zombies yesterday.  Good job training us for becoming parents, Gibby!! *sarcasm*

Here's a more fun glimpse at our future..  A corgi kissing a baby (make sure you watch around 2:15!):



Thanks for the link, Hannah!! :) The first time I watched this video, I cried. Silly pregnancy hormones ;)

8 comments:

Caroline said...

That video is to die for! I love it! I can only hope when kids start coming into our lives, our Cody will be as sweet as the other corgis I've seen! Gibson will be a great big bro!

Katie said...

I havent seen the video yet,but greatly looking forward to it. Whiskey LOVES babies. Any we are at the park (dog or otherwise) and there is a kid in a stroller she thinks its her right to jump in and join the little one. She showers them with kisses and nubbins wags. I think its in corgis to love kids. Cant wait to read more

Laurie said...

Aww so cute!

DSS said...

So glad to hear that Gibson is feeling better! I'm sorry that he's still not quite 100%, but what a positive way to look at it :) hahaha...

That corgi :) said...

That was a cute video! I am glad gibson is starting to feel a bit better. Koda has only been around two little ones and he did great with them, but I think I was the only that was "freaked out" worried he would bite or growl or whatever so I kept the interactions very minimal. They were a a several month old boy I was watching for a bit and then my son's girlfriend's almost year-old daughter. All the times Koda was very curious and never exhibited anything that would cause me alarm. I think if they were my own kids and not someone in my care, I would have been less concerned and relaxed a bit. I think Gibson will be great with your little one!

betty

Lois said...

This video is so great, I just love how nobody freaks at that very special moment...dogs and kids, peanut butter and jelly....corgis are historically terrific with kids, especially babies...

Laurie Eno / The Daily Corgi said...

That's one of my favorite videos.

I'm looking forward to the many wonderful photos and videos that will surely come once the new bundle o' joy arrives and Gibson has the chance to get the little one Corgi-fied!

Nurse Amy said...

My Magic really likes babies and he is very gentle with them. Also very curious, he sticks his nose into the stroller to check them out. A friend brought over her little guy when he was just starting solid foods and Magic licked the oatmeal off his face. He is also tolerant of toddlers and kids who are all all ages. He let's them do more than he would take from adults, but sometimes they are too much and he just pulls away, like when too many of them are grabbing at him at once. He is especially fond of hanging around high chairs when babies drop stuff on the floor. It probably sounds terrible for me to say it, and please don't be offended, but I hope Gibson will continue to have his place in the family. It's so sad to see so many dogs in shelters or rescue because their families decide they don't have time for them any more when they have kids. I'm sure they will be great buds. Of course, Gibson will probably have a bit of adjusting to do since he has been an "only child" up til now!!! Best wishes on your coming little one. Amy and Magic

Related Posts with Thumbnails