Sunday, January 9, 2011

Twenty Eleven Resolutions

1. Start calling it Twenty Eleven. I am stuck on saying Two-Thousand-Eleven and apparently that is wrong. Time to join the crowd.. Even if the crowd is wrong... ;)

2. Do the dishes every day. Yeah, I used to let them go for a few days. I'm disgusting. But, I've been doing them every day for the past week and it makes it way less painful and annoying. P.S. We don't have a dishwasher :(

3. Work on my posture. I slouch. A lot. Sometimes I catch myself in the mirror and can't believe how ridiculous my back looks. So, I'm trying to stand and sit up straighter! :)

And for some that Gibson may not like..

4. Rework obedience with Gibson. He has been a pain in my butt lately. I think part of it has been the winter and not being able to walk with him as much. He just does not listen to me unless I have a treat or he thinks he's going to get a treat. So, I'm going to be more stearn with him and see how it goes..

5. Get Gibson to bark less.. I don't know how, but I'm going to try. He's ridiculous. I would especially like it if he didn't bark while we are watching sports or while playing games.

6. Keep up with the blog better. I have been lazy lately. I'm sorry. I know, I've been promising a 'winter weather survival' post for months! Sheesh. I suck. I will get to that asap ;)

I'll start my 'keeping up' with some new Gibson photos! Yay :)

DSC_1948

DSC_1966
^drool

DSC_1959

DSC_1957

Have you made any resolutions that involve your corgi/dog/pet??

11 comments:

Dozer and Coop said...

Oh man...this means Mum is going to make resolutions for us now! Thanks a lot Gibson!

Love, Dozer and Cooper

Anonymous said...

I especially like 4 and 5, especially 5. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

If you manage to have Gibson bark less, please let us know how you did it...I have a very stubborn barker and she is teaching the other corgi how to do that too! :) Giulia

Anonymous said...

For your posture - you might want to do some back and shoulder exercises. My posture markedly improved when I strengthened those two areas.

The Bee Charmer said...

If you figure out the barking thing, let me know. Lola is quite vocal - and not in the best way!

Laurie said...

If you figure out how to get Gibson to bark less, let us know how haha. I could use some tips for Sadie!

And I don't know about the twenty eleven thing lol.

Karen and Bailey said...

all of those resolutions could be easily tranferable to me and bailey. i defintely slouch a bit oto much, and I do not have a dishwasher as well so i tend to do dishes once a week :) twice if im feeling up for it. hahaha,. And, bailey defintely needs to go to refresher class of some sort. good luck on your resolutions!!

Lori @ According to Gus said...

I see that Gibson is a Colts fan :) We will be working with Gus on being more patient...which will definitely test our patience!

JuLo said...

Yes, keep the Gibson coming in 2011! Hehe. I'm so with you on the dishes and posture. I actually replaced my desk chair with a yoga ball a few months ago because I was slouching so much.

Theo could use some obedience re-work. And he's been barking an awful lot lately too. What's up with that?

Lindsey said...

Jasper never listens, well, unless he knows he will get something from me. hehe. He has selective hearing. I don't think I can change him either! Oh well :)

Caroline said...

I have a similar problem with our Corgi, Cody. He really only wants to do stuff if motivated by food, and his barking/vocalizing is out of control! He's just having fun, and we were 'warned' that this would be a vocal litter but, my golly, he makes more noises than any dog I know! have a few pictures of my Cody up on my blog if your interested in the little guy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails