Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Kong Tugger Knots

The other day  I was sent a new toy from Kong to review called "Kong  Tugger Knots".  Gibson and I were very excited!! :)

DSC_1460

The concept of the Tugger Knots is a pretty cool one.. basically a plush squeaky toy (with 'minimal stuffing') and tug toy in one!  What's not to like?



The ropes are tied in knots together inside the plush animal and are supposed to be very strong.  There is a video here that shows a grown man hanging from the rope, so it can hold a lot of weight!




I knew Gibson would love this toy, but maybe he loved it a little too much.  The next morning, the poor little moosey looked like this:
DSC_1445

Yeah, there are supposed to be antlers on his head...
DSC_1468

And feet...
DSC_1463

The rope was even starting to shred...
DSC_1467

Oh and this?  This is the hole from where Gibson pulled out the squeaker...
DSC_1469


But he wuvssssssss it!
DSC_1458

So much so that he won't let go.
DSC_1454


Ever.
DSC_1461

Here is Gibson and the Kong Tugger Knot in action:



My thoughts?  It's obviously not made for a  chewer.   Actually, it says on the package that it is not a chew toy and it should be taken away if not supervised.   Hmph, then why is it soft and squishy and have a 'realistic feel'?  What's the point?

Anyways, the rope IS quite strong (just not sure how long it will last).  Gibson can hang onto it for dear life while we whip him around the room.   And he loves to chew on it.  Most of his other animal toys can still hear and walk if they want to, but for some reason he went straight for this guys feet and ears right away!

I also should say that it is kind of uncomfortable to hold on to the rope.  I can only fit 3 fingers in the loop comfortably, so I end up just holding it by the moose while Gibson tugs..  This may be because I was sent the 'small' version of the toy (there is a large version as well).

Gibson's thoughts?  He loves it.  Thinks it's amazing and a half.  Most funz evaz!

Can I recommend this?  I don't know :-\   If it can last and is just be a little torn apart, that I think it will be a good toy, but if it is completely unusable in a week than absolutely not!  Hmm.. maybe I should keep you updated on this one....  Stay tuned! (here is the update)

11 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Interesting! I hadn't seen these in the store (yet). good review, Kelly. keep us updated about it if your opinion changes.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your husband and Gibson!

betty

Becca said...

Ooh, that wouldn't work with Meg. She's more than a little rough with her toys! At the moment, she's teething so it's frozen socks for her!

Laurie said...

Looks like a fun toy, but Sadie would destroy it, too. She always unravels those rope toys. And she always rips off extremities on toys like antlers and feet hahaha. At least Gibson is enjoying it!!

The Sprollies 'n' Border Collies said...

They're cute but don't seem practical...

Peanut said...

I don't think I'll buy that toy. I need something that Peanut won't eat. Peanut loves his sock ball that I made him like Gibson loves his toy. Have a happy thanksgiving!

Lori @ According to Gus said...

Great review! Gus is normally pretty gentle on toys, so I think it would last for him. I like that it has minimal stuffing. Happy Thanksgiving!

JulieandCaleb said...

Oooooh that looks like something Caleb is going to LOOOOOVE. I'm going to have to look for one. Caleb isn't a super chewer, so I think this could work for him...

Jenny said...

I was wondering about those toys since I'd seen them on the Kong facebook page. Good review and keep us posted on how it lasts :)

Sam and Finley said...

The squeaker always goes first! Does Gibson try to chew on it after?? I'm always hovering around Finn so I can make sure she won't eat it!

Have a great Thanksgiving, Kelly! Best wishes to you and your family and Giiiibsonnn!!!

misskyliem said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friends! I hope you had a wonderful day!!

Licks,
Kylie

PeeS: The secret was reviled on my blog today!!

Amy said...

Gibson is looking great. I didn't really notice until I watch the clip you posted but he is a lean-mean-corgi machine! Good for you guys!

Related Posts with Thumbnails