Thursday, September 2, 2010

Biggest Gibson Scare EVA

I've had a lot of Gibson scares.  Running down the street w/o a leash, vomiting non-stop, getting bit by random dogs, losing his appetite (!!!), etc.  But today on my lunch break, I think I've had the biggest one ever.  At least it seems that way right now.

So, I come home and open the door, expecting to see my little pup making his way over to say hi.   Nothing.   Is he on the couch sleeping?  Nope.  On his bed? Nope.  I walked over the the back porch to see if he was there (he likes the couch in there).  No dice!    Checked the couch, bed and porch one more time..   Ran up stairs and checked all the rooms.  Ran back down and checked everywhere again.  Started looking in closets and under beds.  Yelling and screaming for him. Nothing!  

I was shaking.  Trying not to cry.  Fighting the urge to call my husband.  Thinking of the worst that could have happened.  Did I not lock the doors and someone broke in and took him?  Did I leave him outside for some reason?  Where could he be?????

I ran around the house one more time looking everywhere.  Went back to the back porch and looked at the basement door.   It'd be impossible that he'd be down there.   The door is closed and he never goes down there.. but might as well check...

He was there.  Just sitting there w/his ears down, saying, "I'm sowwwy Mommy".  I grabbed him sat on the couch and started bawling.  He curled up in my lap and let me squeeze him tight and cry.  

I am ok now, but still a little shakey!   Poor dude.   I guess he got nosey and poked open the basement door and then it slammed shut on him!   Must not have been too fun for him.. It's not a finished basement, so it's basically just our washer/dryer, boiler, freezer, water softener and boxes of our crap!  Guess that'll teach him to be nosey!

Ugh.  Anyways, glad that is over!

18 comments:

Kate said...

ugh. I could feel your panick and i know how that feels. I almost started crying when you put that you just sat down and started bawling with him. I have so been there! I am glad you found him and that all is well!

Paige said...

Oh my sweet lord, I would have been a wreck if something had happened to him. You tell him not to scare us like that and give him a big hug for me! <3

Amy said...

I'm glad he's okay! (And you're okay :-)

We were broken into last year and the first thing that came to mind when my husband called and said we were robbed was "WINNIE!" She was fine. Obviously not a guard dog but just sitting in her kennel like "MA! You'll never guess what happened!"

~Kaly said...

Awwwww I'm glad he (and you) are okay! I had a scared with Toby a few months ago... my hubby had left his poop bags in their nice little dispenser on a shelf too close to his create. I came home from lunch and Toby had somehow gotten it through the wire and pulled out about 10 bags, then shredded/ate them. He was just sitting in his crate ears back looking SO guilty in a plie of shredded, green plastic. Needless to say I grabbed the hydrogen peroxide and cause him to throw them up. I was crying, he was puking LOL it was a mess!

Angela said...

Oh my gosh! That was scary! I glad you found him! I doubt if he'll go down there again!

Hugs,
Angela

Laurie said...

SO SCARY. I would be freaking out, too. Poor guy. I am glad everything is ok!!!

Little Penny Lane said...

Awwww poor Gibson! And poor you! Scares are the worst. I'm so glad he's safe and sound.

JulieandCaleb said...

Good grief, I was about to start crying right along with you! I'm so glad everyone is ok! *sniffle*

The Bee Charmer said...

I'm sorry you were so upset but now I'm smiling! Finn has gotten himself locked up in various closets, powder rooms - etc. Lola always has to save his life!

I'm glad you (and Gibson) are OK.

Jenny said...

Oh Gibson! You naughty boy! So glad he's okay. I know exactly how you must've felt. If I don't see Stanley greeting me as soon as I walk through the front door, my heart drops until I see him and know he's okay. It has only happened one time when I guess he was too sleepy to get up to say hi, but I felt that split second of panic.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Oh, that little bugger, scaring his mom like that....bet he was a sorry little corgi!

Rachel said...

I know exactly how you feel.

Bender has Houdini abilities and would get through the fence at our old house and disappear. Luckily he was always nearby (the neighbors backyard or across the street - which was scary because it was a very busy one way).

We had a repairman leave the back fence open once and I found Bender a block away, that was probably the most frightening disappearance.

I'm glad Gibson was still in the house and I'm glad you found him quickly!

Boo's Mom said...

Whew! I haven't "lost" Darby, but did "lose" my cat, Harrison. For nearly a whole day. I was sick with worry and guilt. Until he decided he had napped long enough in the hall closet and started meowing to be let out.

DIRR said...

Oh no!! That wasn't fun for neither you. Glad that everything is ok. Hughs.

Dozer and Coop said...

Oh Kelly! I have so been there! Dozer and Cooper found a hole in our fence and were gone 30 minutes before I knew it - I was driving all over the neighborhood yelling for them. The relief washed over me when I had them both in the car and we got home. I am sure Gibson was pleased and happy to have you there and to be enveloped in your arms! Nancy

Karen and Bailey said...

awwwww i know what you mean! ive come home to diahhrea all over the kitchen and my heart just about sank and all i wanted to do was run over and pick him up and cuddle him and tell him i was sorry and everything was ok. but im glad that gibson was ok!!!

Al said...

That'll scare ya for sure! I've had countless such scares with cats that have gotten trapped in closets, cupboards, basements, seldom-used rooms... you name it. I have only once been lucky enough to have a cat (Boogs) that really doesn't like being trapped and will ocnstantly cry until I find him. The rest have seemed put out that I disturbed their quiet time once I finally located their lairs. :P

jenfuj said...

Awww, I would've been soooo upset and scared too! So glad he was okay!

Related Posts with Thumbnails