Friday, August 27, 2010

Let's talk about nut butter!

Yes, this does have something to do with Gibson.  All corgis love nut butters.  Duh.  Or maybe I'm having a love affair with nut butters at the moment and want to tell the world! :)

But really, Gibson does love them.  Like LOVE loves them.  Lovvvvvvvvvvvvves.

DSC_7886

See?

But yes, I am kind of addicted to this stuff at the moment.  My fridge and pantry are overflowing w/the different types of  buttahs.. so I thought I'd share my favorites..

Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter
DSC_0854
This stuff is my favorite.  It pretty much tastes like peanuts in cream form.  Delish!  And I love this brand because it is totally natural w/no added sweeteners or oils!  It's just peanuts and a bit of salt.  Plus it's available at my local grocery store.  A lot of grocery store brands have gross hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup  in them. Yuck :-P  I usually grab a spoonful of this with a few chocolate chips on it as my lunchtime dessert and then let Gibson lick the spoon when I'm done :)


And all the rest of these I put in my oats in the morning! Or spread them on muffins!  They also come in handy when I have to give Gibson an allergy pill.  Just add a little nut butter coating around the pill :)


Naturally Nutty Vanilla Almond Butter
DSC_0736
This stuff tastes like frosting! It's so good. It's almonds so it's way less salty than peanut butter. Plus, it has flax and hemp seeds, which are so good for you.  This company also has a Pepita (pumpkin seed) Butter that is out of this world!! Available Here


Nuttzo PF (Peanut Free)
DSC_0848
This stuff is awesome!!  Instead of peanuts, it's made up of cashews, almonds, brazil nuts and hazelnuts. And it bumps up the healthfulness by adding in pumpkin seeds, flax seeds and chia seeds!  I love the chia seeds.  They had a fun texture to the butter (think little gel balls) and add so many health benefits.   I feel great about eating it and letting Gibson eat it! Plus, isn't the upside down jar cute? I can't figure out if it's supposed to go that way or if the label is just supposed to be upside down! :)   Available Here


Artisana Organic Almond Butter
DSC_0852
If you want almonds in cream form, this is where you can get it!  Very smooth and creamy and tastes exactly like a yummy sweet almond!  Available Here



Artisana Organic Coconut Butter
DSC_0855
And now for something completely different: Coconut butter!  Hey, it has 'nut' in it's name :)   And it's good for you!  I love to add it to smoothies or to my cold oats.  And what is cool about it, is that it melts when it's warm and hardens when it's cool!  Stir it into something cold and you get coconut chips!  So much fun.  I've read this is great for dogs in small amounts, so Gibson gets a little bit every once in a while :)  Available Here


Is anyone else as obsessed with nut butters as I am?? Is your dog?? :)  

11 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow! I didn't even know some of these existed! I must go try them :) Sadie LOVES peanut butter. But we haven't tried any of the others.

Katie said...

Whiskey loves loves loves crunchy peanut butter!! And I love almonds. I must try some of those that you listed. And the coconut one! I love coconut! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Jenna Z said...

Nut butters are delish! I just opened up a jar of Maranatha all natural no-stir PB yesterday. I LOVE how smooth and drippy it is! Perfect for drizzling. I want to try that Naturally Nutty Cinnamon Vanilla Sunflower Butter but would have to order it online because I can't find it anywhere!!

Paige said...

Kelly, what kind of camera do you have? I'm looking for a better one for action shots. Yours are always so awesome!

Kelly said...

It's a Nikon D40, Paige :)

~Kaly said...

LOL I love his tounge! We used that same PB for Tobes too, he loves it :)I mush a banana add some PB and freeze it in a kong and it's his special treat when I leave for work in the morning. :)

Daniela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Various nut butters are delish! But they are a little pricey. So Stanley's stuck with good ole natural peanut butter and I'll save the cashew or almond butter for me ;)

Karen said...

wow i didnt even know there was other kinds of nut butter besides peanuts.

i really am interested in the almond butter :)

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

Your favorite peanut butter is my fav also. I've been dying to try the almond butter, Kelly, and you have just talked me into it. xo xo Cat

Haley Merlot said...

Um, wow!
I clicked onto this post and my corgi is stuffing his face with a peanut butter jar SIMULTANEOUSLY!! What are the chances?
Actually, the chances are pretty good. My corgi is always stuffing his face, and often in a nut butter jar!

Related Posts with Thumbnails