Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Grand Opening of my OpenSky shop!

You've patiently waited and now it is finally here! The Corgi Butts shop on OpenSky is open!

You got a preview of my first product, but here it is for reals.  It's a Molly Mutt Dog Bed Duvet :)


DSC_0536

Isn't it cute?   I love it because it is environmentally friendly!  Why? Because you can use your old clothes, blankets, pillows and other goodies to stuff the bed with!   Isn't that cool?   Recycling!  OR if you have an old dog bed that can use some sprucing up, just throw it in the duvet and zip it up!

It's a perfect size for Gibson too (size small, but I have a medium size available as well!).  He likes to curl up when he sleeps on a bed, and this has plenty of room.  But it's also big enough if he stretches out.  He likes to lay on it while he chews an antler :)

So, basically, you receive a duvet like this:

DSC_0250

And then you stuff it until it becomes nice and fluffy (or firm, depending on what your dog likes).   I used a fleece blanket and two old throw pillows to stuff mine!  It's durable, washable and pre-shrunk, so you don't have to worry about it getting dirty :)  I chose the print that I did because I thought it was pretty much adorable.  Could work for both girl and boy dogs, don't ya think?

DSC_0251

The fabric is nice and tough too.  It would take a pretty determined pup to gnaw it's way through it! :)  What do you guys think??





And this is only the beginning!  Look for more things to come!!  And soon, when you click on "shop" above, you will be taken to a new page that gives you the option to going to either my OpenSky shop or my Cafepress shop!  (I have been just too busy to get that done in time for the grand opening!  Stupid softball game! :))



22" x 27" x 5"
$20

27" x 36" x 5"
$30



I also added this cute color called "Title Track":

Molly Mutt - Title Track Dog Duvet 
22" x 27" x 5"
$20

9 comments:

Boo's Mom said...

Congratulations and good luck! I've been looking at those dog beds and considering one for under the computer desk...much nicer looking than the fleece pads the girls currently use!

Monica said...

Congrats on your new endeavors, Kelly! Love the bed you showed today - and the fabric looks pretty sturdy too - tough enough for scissor-jaw Corgis??

Kelly said...

Seems pretty tough to me, Monica! Nice and canvas-y.

Laurie said...

Congrats on the store! This bed looks awesome :)

JuLo said...

Yaaaay! I love it! It's cute and looks like the perfect Corgi size. And washable, which is so important. Interesting that you stuff it yourself! I hope the store works out well for you! Good luck!

Amy said...

OpenSky... very cool. I like the bed ("scissor-jaw" is right). Any other patterns?

Kelly said...

There is another pattern that I can sell, which can be seen here: http://www.mollymutt.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/-/2-title-track-dog.jpg

Let me know if you are interested in it and I can add it to my shop :)

Karen said...

how cool!! im glad you got your shop up and im excited for more things to come :D

Amy said...

So here's the big question... over a year later... do you still like/use it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails