Friday, July 16, 2010

We won! And an assignment!

Gibson's photo won a contest!

I want my presents!

Freshpet was having a summer photo contest, judged by a professional photography team, and I just had to submit a few photos of the Gibberz. I was pretty stoked to see that he was one of the three winners chosen! Here's what they said about the pic:
The Corgi was cropped in a fashionable “edgy” manner – the light coming from behind was very artistic and the expression on the dog’s face just made us smile. An excellent photo of capturing a quirky moment of a great dog.

Yay! I will be sure to show you the loot I won when I receive it :)


And now on to your assignment..

I will be writing a post for next week about beating the heat and keeping your dog cool this summer. I'd love to hear your tips for doing this! Just leave a comment here or email me at ksteck23(at)gmail.com.

Thanks!! :)

18 comments:

Katie said...

Your pictures of Gibson are always the best. Im not surprised you won, but CONGRATS!!! :-) I will be e-mailing you tips for the summer.

Lesley Collins said...

Wow! Congrats!

That corgi :) said...

congrats Kelly and Gibson!!

betty

Mary said...

Congrats! You do take awesome photos of Gibson.

As for summer tips - We just moved to Phoenix where it's way too hot! To beat the heat, Ginger and I take VERY early morning walks, and if she's panting quite a bit, I give her an ice cube. She loves gnawing on one after a walk.

Lois said...

Way to go, Kelly ! You have a great eye, and a most willing, adorable subject !

Whosyergurl said...

KELLY!
YOU GO GIRL!
So happy & proud for both of you!
xo, Cheryl & Chelsea

Jenny said...

Congrats! Gibson is a great model! :)

Karen said...

congrats :) that is a great photo...and gibson is such a cute model!! he looks so happy

Flo de Sendai said...

Congratulations !

Boo's Mom said...

Good for you! I love your photos. Of course, you have excellent subject matter in your Gibson-boy.

Meg B. said...

CONGRATS!!!

We use a kiddie pool. It's been about 106F around these parts lately, so not much helps any of us. We make sure that the water is changed regularly, not just for cleanliness but because it heats up. Our dog just LOVES to lay in it. She'll be running around playing, then takes a break in the pool.

Amy said...

You deserve the credit, Kelly. Your photos always look great. I could use a lesson! :-)

Karen and Bailey said...

congrats kelly and gibson!! :D

hmmm keys to staying cool ... usually ill rub water all over baileys coat to keep cool, or if, it were hot enough, im sure id buy him a kiddy pool to swim in. and and ice cubes are great and.. a good brushing im sure would make any corgi feel better in the hotness!

Lynsey said...

I second the ice cube thing. My Corgi puppy Penny loves to push them around on the floor and then gnaw on them. :) Also, pups with long hair should be taken to the groomer to get a cool summer style.

jenfuj said...

Yay! congrats kelly! that picture made me smile too :)

Dozer and Coop said...

AWESEOME!

Laurie said...

Congrats!! I entered Sadie in a photo contest (which I will be posting about!).

I commented on Facebook about beating the heat. And boy has it been hot!!

Marcelle said...

Neat-o! That is so cool! Yay, Gibson!

Related Posts with Thumbnails