Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pool Day

This past Saturday, I had a pool day with my family and our dogs. It was much needed in the super hot and humid weather. The pool water was actually 90 degrees, but it felt good! Oh and yes, I was in the pool w/a big DSLR camera in my hand. I am a risk taker! ;)

So, this is what Gibson does to Coal every time she jumps in to get the ball... he waits for her on the stairs...
DSC_0328


...and then Barks his face off until she gets out. Hence his nickname, "Barkson" (or "Jerkson").
Barkson


Luckily for him, Coal is very polite and patient...
DSC_0373

They both love to fetch for the ball...
DSC_0370


...But Coal is the only one that will go in the pool after it.
DSC_0380

That's ok w/Gibson though...
DSC_0382

He's happy as long as he can just sit on the sidelines and chill...Until...
DSC_0386

..Oh crap! They got me!
DSC_0396

Sometimes, he just needs a little cooling off.
DSC_0398

Sorry, buddy! You can do it! :)
DSC_0411

See? He survived :)
DSC_0414

ANNNNNND repeat :)

13 comments:

Lesley Collins said...

Black labs must be patient with Corgis. Al's new lab has certainly had patience with Herman. Maybe I should go get a little pool for them.

Laurie said...

Hahaha I ventured into the pool with my DSLR this weekend too! (Pics to come.) Sadie will only come in if I'm already in the pool...so I had to be brave as well.

I love the pics!! Great captures. And I love Gibson's face when you're holding him, and as he's swimming haha. Poor little guy. He liked it though, I'm sure.

Kelly said...

I think so, Lesley! :) She is so nice to him when she shouldn't be!

Laurie, that is actually my sister :) Probably part of the reason why he looks so miserable lol ;)

Joan said...

I haven't been brave enough to take my camera in the pool. But I could get really cool shots like yours. I might try it. Our pool temp has been in the 90's too.

Karen said...

hahahah i love all the pictures on facebook of the pool day!!!

butterball is like gibson alot....but instea butters will bark at me and daniel until we get out....crazy dogs

Jenny said...

The "oh crap!" picture is hilarious! I looove Gibson's face in that one.

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum said...

What an adorable blog and dog(s)! :) Love the picture with his little nose sticking out of the water.

That corgi :) said...

love the look on his face when he got captured

betty

The Bee Charmer said...

Gibson is so baby! And Coal, too.

Dozer and Coop said...

OMG! What a face! And the color of blue that pool has is out of this world! Gibson you did great!

DIRR said...

LOL the expression in the picture "you got me" it's great! Thanks for sharing. Glad you and Gibson relaxed. Coal is a beauty!

Karen and Bailey said...

hahaha poor gibson. he looks really cute swimming though :) and bailey is also another "barkson" when it comes to dogs trying to play fetch on grassssss

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Great photos! You are brave with that camera in the water, but totally worth it!! Wonder what Bryson will do if we put him in a pool like that... got me thinking ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails