Monday, June 28, 2010

The Kong Wobbler

Gibson is a lucky boy. Last week, we were sent a KONG Wobbler to review. And Gibson fell in love. And got smarter. And ate lots of extra food in the process ;)

The Kong Wobbler

The Kong Wobbler is a pretty neat little (ish) gadget. It's in the shape of a standard Kong toy, but it's made of a hard plastic. The base of the Wobbler is filled with some sort of sand that weighs it down and makes it (wait for it) wobble! Kind of like those Weeble Wobble toys you used to play with. It wobbles but it won't fall down ;)

The top part of the Wobbler screws off so you can insert treats and food into it and there's a small hole for the treats/food to fall out. Screw the top back on, set it in front of your dog and watch them bat it around and eat the yummy surprises that fall out!

Well, sort of.

We had to teach Gibson how to do it. Which, I'm guessing you will have to do w/most dogs (unless they know how to read the directions/watch demonstration videos). We played w/the Wobbler by batting it down w/our hands until a treat would pop out. Gibson was intrigued, so he licked hole, hoping that would magically make things fall out. We batted it down again, and again and again and gave up. About an hour later, we tried again, but only batted it down once and left Gibson alone (while spying on him from the couch). Eventually, Gibson was so curious that he began to put his nose under the Wobbler to tip it over. And he tried again, and again, and then... a treat! Ben and I told him, "Good boy!!", which made him so proud of himself that he kept going and emptied out the toy in about 10 minutes.

4 days later and he pretty much a pro at this. He will now bat it down with his paws, just like mommy and daddy did. At first I was afraid that he was too small for it (the package says for dogs 25lbs and up and it's almost bigger than his head), but he has it under control, that's for sure. It's really a great way to 1.) Give your dog something to occupy his time when he's bored and 2.) slow down eating! I have actually split up his meals and put half of his food in the Wobbler to finish. It works great!

Obviously, Gibson gives this 2 paws up. We both love it :)

Here he is demonstrating how it works:

11 comments:

Katie said...

That is awesome. I saw that in Petco last time we went and the boyfriend and I were having a little too much fun with it. I decieded not to get it, cause I wasnt sure how much Whiskey would like it. But know I might have to go back and purchase it.

Katie said...

OMG I just saw the video (cause my work computer doesnt allow them). How freakin' adorable!!!!

Aj said...

Neat! I think I'll get one for Ein+Brian :)

Pam said...

Ooooh! I want this!

Karen said...

i think i'll end up buying this for butterball. :) thanks for sharing

Laurie said...

Ohhh I love this!!! I love the video, too. I just adore when they push things with their nose or paws haha. Maybe I will pick this up today and see how Sadie likes it! She can't really understand the normal Kong. I mean, she gets it, but seems bored with it haha. But this looks like more fun for her!

Lauren M. Davis Folk Art! said...

HOW CUTE!!!!!!! I love your site and photos!!!!!!!! I also love your banner with the little corgi looking back!!!! HOW ADORABLE!!!! ~HUGS~ L

DIRR said...

Very cool!

Margaret said...

Great idea. My two aren't fast eaters, by any stretch of the imagination, but this will give them something to do all day besides sitting on their big divans watching "Maury" all day.

Amy said...

This looks like a Kong toy Winnie might actually play with.

Right now we have an Omega Paw Tricky Treat Ball that goes over pretty well. There's no weight at the bottom but there is a lip around the inside of the hole so a treat dosen't come out EVERY time you think it should. I'm all about keeping her busy longer.

Lindsey said...

OMG I want one!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails