This is my 200th post!! I thought I'd do something special for it. So here ya go ;)
I am now accepting entries to this years calendar contest! The only requirement is that you have a corgi & a blog (that hopefully is about or features your corgi from time to time). The goal of this project is to show love for our corgis, help promote each others blogs, and to raise money for corgi rescue! We were able to donate $300 last year. I'm hoping to at least double that this year!
One minor change for this year.... There will also be a digital version available! For $5 you will be able to purchase 13 digital versions of the calendar pages for your desktop's background image, complete w/a calendar of the current month, plus the name and blog of the featured corgi! There will be different sizes available to fit your screen's resolution. Pretty cool, eh? :)
- Each month will feature a corgi's photo, it's name, your blog name & web address!
- 100% of the profits will be donated to the Lakeshore Corgi Rescue.
- Winners will receive their choice of a free Corgis (with blogs) 2011 Calendar and a Digital Calendar or they can choose receive just the Digital Calendar and have me donate the cost of the printed calendar to Lakeshore Corgi Rescue.
- I would like to feature a different corgi/blog every month, but the most important thing is to have high quality images, so it is possible that a corgi may be featured more than once.
- The calendar will be ready to go for the holiday shopping season!
- All entries should be emailed to ksteck23(at)gmail.com - replace (at) with the @ symbol - no later than August 31, 2010.
- You may submit as many high quality photos as you like.
- When you submit your entries, please include your dog's name and your blog's name & web address.
- You can send low-res versions of your photos as entries, but the original photos should be at least 11.25" wide and 8.75" high at 300dpi to ensure the highest quality calendar.
- Photos received may be cropped and resized and edited to fit specific calendar sizes and guidelines.
- You will retain the rights to your own photos, and can still submit them to any other contest, sell them, or use them however else you like!
- Photos w/just corgis (no humans) will be more likely to get accepted.
- Photos can be from previous years if they are your best photos.
- Outdoor and season specific shots always work well!
- There can be multiple corgis per photo submission.
- Pembrokes, Cardigans AND Corgi Mixes are all acceptable.
- View our Corgis of the Month so far for tips on submitting great photos geared towards each month!
So there you have it! Let me know if you have any questions. I hope to see some awesome photos soon! Please spread the word!! :)