Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Gibson

A few weeks ago, I talked about Gibson's weekday schedule and how his weekend schedule is much different. And actually, it pretty much changes week to week. It doesn't have to be AS structured as when I work, since I have more time to take him for walks and he has less time to sleep.

I wake up about the same time (I have my highly efficient corgi alarm handy), but everything goes at a mucccch slowwwer pace. I usually let Gibson out and do all of his business, and then wait a little while to actually walk him. Walks on Saturday/Sunday mornings are LONG. About 2 miles. It is nice and relaxing and my legs can actually feel it when we're done (and Gibson is TIRED afterwards).

Since he usually sleeps all day during the week, weekends are very tiring for him. He has monitor everything I do, so naps are inconvenient. If he does fall asleep, the moment I move he'll get up and follow me wherever I go.

Sleepiness = a grumpy Gibson. When he's tired and grumpy, he goes to his 'leave me alone' place, which is his baby crate a room that we do not use (it is going to be a bathroom at some point..but for now it's a 'junk room').

DSC_9885

He's been going in there a lot lately, and it is so cute when he does :) He loves his sleep.

The rest of the day, he usually is trying to catch up on sleep. Sometimes we go to the park/dog park, or let him hang out in the yard while we're doing yard work. It's a fun change of pace from the normal weekday routine.

Of course, weekends where I visit my parents mean a TON of exercise for Gibbers (gotta love big yards and a chucker). Which, usually means even MORE sleeping when we get back.

It's a tough life, let me tell ya ;)

7 comments:

Katie said...

Haha. I love Gibson and his stories. How do you get him to walk 2 miles. Whiskey poops out at a 1/4 of a neigborhood block.

Laurie said...

Hahaha so cute. Sadie gets so sleepy on weekends, too, because she has no time to nap! She gets grumpy as well. I love how they excuse themselves to go sleep when they're just toooooo tired to keep their eyes open!

~Kaly said...

hahaha! I love Gib's face! Toby gets grumpy too :P that's when he starts making his "hrumpf" noises LOL

Whosyergurl said...

LOVE the black and white photo! Good job, Mom!
Cheryl

That corgi :) said...

isn't it funny how they can be in such a "deep sleep" but you move and they are instantly awake! I love Gibson's routine, both weekdays and weekends; he indeed is a well loved corgi who seems to like his routine!

betty

Freya's Human said...

Gibson is sooo cute! Our Weim loves to go into Freya's crate to sleep at night for the last few weeks. No idea why, there's a love seat, a bed, and his very own crate opened but he loves to sleep in Freya's.

Freya is testy in bed too, much like Gibson. Can't touch her or she barks angrily at us.

Lindsey said...

Yes visiting my parents makes for TONS of exercise for Jasper too! And Jasper LOVES his sleep too :) Corgis are so cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails