Monday, May 10, 2010

Vacation 2010

You may have noticed that it has been quiet around here for the past week... Well, that is because both Gibson and I have been out of town on vacation... but not together! I know! Ben and I took our first long trip without our buddy. The longest I have been w/o him before this was when he got neutered, which was only about a day. Isn't that sad? This time, it was a whole week!

So where did we go? Well, Ben and I went to New York City. It was fun, and HOT! Holy wow, was it hot. 80 degrees and above the whole time and very humid. Lots of fun though :) We brought Gibson back a souvenir ;)

DSC_0009

And Gibson? Well, he stayed at my parents and probably had the time of his life. My mom works from home, so he got spoiled by rarely being left alone. Plus, he got to go on lots of fun walks through the woods and by lakes every day. And he now will swim in the lake w/Coal! He used to just bark at her from the shoreline, but now he actually swims w/her! I feel like I've missed my baby's first steps! haha. I also heard that he jumped up on a picnic table, which just boggles my mind (those short legs)!

I tried not to think about him while we were gone, but inevitably, every dog, cat, bird or baby we saw started 'talking' like Gibson (a.k.a. me and Ben saying what we thought they were thinking, such as: "It's real hots, guys!" or, "I gots to poops, ma!"). We missed our bugger, so we were very excited to get home and see him.

And he was happy to see us too. Lots of hugs and kisses and a very exhausted Gibson were what we came home to. I knew he'd be sort of sleep deprived, but I haven't seen him this tired since he was neutered. He actually looked kind of crazy. His hair was all messed up and he was trying to entertain us, but was too tired to do it properly.

Both he and I spent the next two days in bed (him from exhaustion, me from a cold I picked up on the NY subways). I think we are getting back to normal though... back to our weekday routine today ;)

11 comments:

Karen and Bailey said...

welcome back! betcha his nub was wiggling so hard when he saw ya!

Laurie said...

NYC is my favorite place! That's why I moved back to NY recently. It's so much fun there. I do hate leaving Sadie though when I go anywhere, so I understand missing your boy!! It's so hard to leave them. I'm glad he had fun though :) And you, too! Oh, and I totally have a picture of Sadie on top of a picnic table. Maybe they do it to feel taller? Hahaha.

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Sounds like we might be in NYC the same time! ;) Were you there during the Time Square car bomb fiasco? I was walking on the street 20 blocks away, completely unaware of what's going on... It was HOT though like you said, and that torrential rain on top of that. Ugh. BTW, Gibson looks so cute in his baseball cap!

Kelly said...

Ivy, wow, yeah we must have been! We were about 5 or 6 blocks away from Times Square when it happened, and didn't know until the next morning (I do remember hearing tons of sirens during the night though). What were you there for?? Too bad we didn't run into each other :)

Bri said...

i'm glad all of you enjoyed your trip! i can't imagine being away from sammy that long. isn't it funny how that happens to us. i was talking to erik's sister (they have had their puppy for 2 months) about how dogs really centralize our lives with our significant others/home life and we don't even think about it! dogs really are just amazing (especially the corgi kind!) i bet gibson wishes he could tell you all about his vacation! haha.

That corgi :) said...

welcome back; sounds like you and Ben had a great vacation; and I love the hat on Gibson; too cute! glad he did good at your mom's and even learned how to swim there! it is hard not to miss them when we are not with our little furry pets. Koda is boarded this week while we travel and I'm missing him (like crazy) but actually enjoying not having to share the bed

betty

Lois said...

Kelly, I didn't think there could be a pic as cute/funny as you two dressing alike :-).....but this is close...the little Yankees cap is a scream ! Glad you kids had fun, but I know you were soooo glad to see your boy again.

Whosyergurl said...

Welcome back! We wanna hear all about NYC! That is so cute with that little cap on his head! Sounds like he had fun at camp with Grandma!
hugs, Cheryl

Bri said...

i forgot to ask, how did you keep his helmet on gibson's head?

Kelly said...

haha, Bri.. Photoshopping of my arm/hand out of the photo may or may not have happened ;)

Ty Corgi said...

I has a baseball hat too! I tried to eat it though and it didn't taste very good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails