Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 Resolutions

Resolutions. Kind of silly. Hard to keep. But I like making them. Why? Cause it's motivation. And it's a way to review how your life is going and make changes accordingly.

SO

My main resolution for this year.. is to treat my health the way I treat Gibson's. Ugh. That's embarrassing, isn't it. Yes, I've made my dog's health way more important than my own. His diet, his exercise, both under strict regimens. My diet & exercise? Not so much. Even Gibson's appearance probably gets more attention than my own nowadays. Depressing.

So, it's time for a change! Time to be more like this guy.
Gibson

Minus the whole, being a dog thing, of course. I am going to take more time for myself. No diets, but eating a little healthier. Less beer. Less lattes. More veggies. And bringing pilates back into my life. Oh how I have missed you pilates (and the body that goes with it). Maybe less laying around in sweats all day too...

Don't worry, I haven't forgot about my buddy.

For Gibson, I am going to give more kisses, more hugs and more playtime. Maybe sneak some more treats in here and there.. Take more photos. Go to dog parks and maybe try an agility class. See? that's pretty fun, right Gibs?

So how bout you? Any new years resolutions you want to share? Any involving your dog or pet?


6 comments:

Lesley Collins said...

I have involved Herman in my exercise a bit more this year. He is up to two minutes walking on the treadmill. Pretty handy when it's too snowy out to walk.

JuLo said...

Awww, I love that picture of Gibson! Umm, I think my resolutions involving Theo for the year and kinda boring...just more love and attention. I'm still not ready for more agility. *sigh* Definitely more Corgi meetups and more photos, though he really does hate my camera. Hehe. Happy New Year!

Tovah said...

I just love that your blog is called Corgi Butts. It's my favorite part of Corgis and they are cute all over! I have resolutions (really more like goals) with my dog too! I'd like to shoot for getting a Canine good citizen certificate with him this year. We tried Agility last year, it was very fun. Good luck on your goals!

ClassyChassy said...

Good luck on your goals for this new year! I haven't really thought about anything like that - I'm sure as the year progresses, something will come to mind that I need to do or to change!

Whosyergurl said...

Kelly, I just read a newspaper article today asking "would you put potato chips or dog food into your dog's bowl?...no? Why do you put it into yours?"
I just wrote about my "hopes" and I just started Pilates LAST NIGHT! The class is "fundamentals of..." I've never taken pilates before...but the instructor's bod is AMAZING.
I am SUPER strict about Chelsea's weight but not so much when it comes to me. :-(
Happy New Year Hugs to you!
Cheryl in IN

Laurie said...

I do the same...Sadie's health and well-being comes first in my world. I don't know if I could change that though. It's probably bad I care about her life more than my own, but I do. Good luck with your resolutions! I never make any...

I'd like to take Sadie to an agility course sometime. Let us know if you do that with Gibson!

Happy new year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails