Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pumpkin Cake Pops


I have a new favorite go-to dessert, and I thought I'd share it with you.

May I introduce to you, the Cake Pop:Pumpkin Cake Pops
No, Gibson, it's not for you...

If you've ever been to the blog, Bakerella, you probably already know all about cake pops. She is kind of the inventor of these delicious little things, and makes them WAY cuter and more creatively than I have the patience for :)

I'm telling you though, these are so incredibly delicious and really, pretty easy to make! Basically, you bake a cake (using a boxed mix, nice!), crumble it up, mix in frosting, rolls balls, dip them in the melted coating, and voila! Delicious little cakes on a stick.

When you bite into it, it has a nice hard "chocolately" candy coating w/ yummy soft cake inside.

Pumpkin Cake Pops
(I bit it, not Gibson)

So, how do you make said pops you ask? Well, the basic instructions are here (just switch out the cake & coating flavors to whatever you'd like): http://www.bakerella.com/red-velvet-cake-balls/ but, add the lollipop stick (which you can buy at most craft stores) before refrigerating or freezing the balls.

For the pumpkin cake, I use this recipe:

  • Pumpkin Cake

  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package spice cake mix
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/4 cup pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 4 eggs

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan, or two 9 inch cake pans.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the spice cake mix, sugar, vegetable oil, pumpkin, water and eggs. Beat until well blended. Transfer to the baking dish or cake pans.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven 40 minutes.


I hope you try this sometime! They really are a huge hit at parties! :)

7 comments:

That corgi :) said...

these look delicious! I can see they would also be good for older kids parties!!

yum!! now someone has to come up with a dog version :)

betty

Angela said...

Hey Kelly!

Those look yummy! I went to a Pampered Chef party last year. They made something similiar to that with brownies! All you do is bake up your brownies as per the package directions. Use a ice cream scoop and make them into a ball. Dip in melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed up peppermint candy canes. They even used a candy cane for the stick! It was soooo cute and it was sooooo good! Makes me want some right now!

Hugs,
Angela

ClassyChassy said...

How cute - that would be fun for the grandkids to make when they come to visit!

Laurie said...

Yum!!! I love pumpkin anything. Gibson looks sad that they're not for him! Haha.

ocmist said...

Awww, come on Kelly... That pumpkin would be good for poor Gibson! OC

Wow! Those sound great, and the brownie pops Angela talks about sound good too! I'll bet my grandkids would love them too!!!

Corgipaws said...

I am going to make those when I get the ingredients!!!!

Corgipaws said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails