Saturday, November 7, 2009

Jail Break

Have you ever seen this video?


Well, that was Gibson yesterday... Only it was a lot less cute and way more scary.

I got home from work yesterday and me and Ben were planning on going out for dinner, but thought we'd walk Gibson first. Our lawn is only partially fenced in, so Gibson and I have this routine, where I will walk out first, access the situation (look to see if any animals or people are in front that might 'distract' him), and then let him out to pee before I put his leash on. Well, we do this, but this time I was distracted by my husband.. instead of looking in front we were talking..

It all happened in slow motion then. I turned around and saw a bunny. Looked over my shoulder and saw Gibson peeing, not noticing it. Stupidly, I said, "craaaap, (in super deep slow motion talk) therrrrre's a buuuuunnnny." Gibson eyes light up. I reached down to grab him, but it was too late. Across the street, through 3 neighbors yards he went. At one point, I had no idea where he was and all I can think was, "he got hit by a car". I kept calling and calling, and finally he saw Ben and came out as happy as can be to tell him about his awesome adventure chasing bunnies.

*Sigh*

I put his stupid leash on him and we went for a walk. His head was so high and his butt was wiggling so hard. He was on top of the world, and my heart was beating out of my chest..

I don't know what to do, besides be extra cautious and put his leash on while we're still inside.. Luckily we live on a very quiet street, but still. He's been so good, but stupid bunnies and squirrels and kitties are just so tempting :( *Sigh* Can't wait til we can fence in our yard all the way :(



In lighter news...


Have you guys heard about the costume contest at The Daily Corgi?? Well, voting is on now and Gibson is a finalist! :) There are lots of cute corgis in costumes to look at and some great prizes at stake (I even donated a bumper sticker). So, if you can take the time to vote for your favorite, that would be awesome! VOTE HERE


Oh and speaking of bumper stickers... My Corgi Butt Shop's sale has been extended through Monday at midnight!! So hurry on over there (or here or here) if you'd like to get 20% off this weekend :)


Now, back to being grumpy about 'Jerkson'... :(

8 comments:

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

Love that video, too! It always cracks me up.

Lynn said...

That video is so cute!

Sorry about Gibson, my Samoyed Sunny used to run away ALL the time (whenever guests left the door open a crack) and once she did get hit by a car! Luckily it was just a graze, and she just had a black smudge on her white fur. Lucy is much better, but thanks for reminding me that I need to work on her emergency recalls with her!

ClassyChassy said...

I love that video too! Lakeshore Corgi Rescue sent it to me - it is the best!!!

Laurie said...

Hahaha that video is adorable!

I am glad Gibson is ok though. I totally understand how scary that is, so I'm glad everything is ok!!!

JulieandCaleb said...

Oh holy cow! I'm glad Gibson is ok!

Laura, Lance, and Vito said...

oh Gibson, you shouldn't give your mommy a heart attack! I'm very glad you came back after not too long though

^..^Corgidogmama said...

That vid is a real hoot.
Oh that darn little corgi kid of yours....I always take a double look for critters that they could herd or chase too. His guardian angel was working overtime, and he doesn't even realize the scare he gave you and Ben.
Little bugger, what a relief, huh? Darn kids!!!

That corgi :) said...

I've seen that video before; it is sooo cute! I'd love for Koda to be able to roam like that on a safe area but he would bolt so he's on leash. so thankful that you found Gibson!!! those bunnies....

betty

Related Posts with Thumbnails