Friday, November 20, 2009

Goodbye, Old Friend..

90% of the time when I come home for lunch or after work, Gibson is usually curled up on a chair or couch and looks like he is in trouble. His ears are all the way down and he looks like he's saying, "I'm sorrrry". We assume it's because he used to get in trouble so much when he was younger, that he expects it? Or maybe he's just that tired.. Well, yesterday, he gave me that look, but after a good cuddle session he was his happy cute self. I ate lunch, took him on a quick walk, then went up stairs and found that there was a reason for the 'down ears' today...

DSC_8827

DSC_8826

My poor shoe was sitting in the middle of the hallway, completely destroyed. And, you know where it was? In my closet where it should be! With the door half closed. So the little bugger went upstairs while we were gone, into our room, decided to rummage through my closet and pick out one of my last black dress shoes that he had yet to destroy...


He's very lucky that he's cute ;)

10 comments:

Dozer and Coop said...

Nice going Gibson! You're making me look good in comparison. Keep those cute looks going, it's the only thing that will save you! BOL!

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

That corgi :) said...

oops!! Gibson!!! just so tempting mom!! I guess that's why we crate Koda when we leave. I honestly have no idea what he would do if he was free to roam.

oh well, the plus side is you get to go shopping!

betty

Lindsey said...

uh oh.....he did a good job on it too :)

JulieandCaleb said...

Yikes! Time for new shoes!

Aj said...

The ears don't lie!

JuLo said...

You said it Betty! Excuse for new shoes! Woohoo!

But man, oh man, what a trouble maker he is! Maybe he figured your closet must be where you hide all the good stuff you don't want to share. At least he had the decency to look guilty about it.

I am so thankful that Theo is so non-destructive. The worst he ever did was a pair of cheap flip flops, and that seemed to be a fluke, since he never did it again.

Esther said...

Oh, Gibson! Winnie chewed up my mom's shoes once. It's definitely a good thing our pups are so cute :)

Puppy on a Roomba said...

I don't eat Mommy's shoes, but I eats lots of other things. Then my tummy hurts.

We just realized that you are close to us! We live in Shorewood, IL. Do you go to any of the Corgi Meetups that are arranged on MyCorgi.com?

Laurie said...

Oh man! Sadie used to do this when I first got her, but she hasn't in awhile. Every once in awhile, she gets pissed off and takes all the trash out of my garbage can, or does something like this. I make sure my closet is closed and all shoes are inside now though! Haha.

I like how Gibson is looking at the shoe in that first pic, like you are about to give it back to him haha.

Kelly said...

Puppy on a Roomba- Yes you are close-ish to me :) I've been to a few of the corgi meetups, you should go to whatever next one there is! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails