Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Dog Owner's Fashion Sense

One thing I've learned from owning Gibson, is having a dog makes you a lot more practical. At least when it comes to fashion. It's been quite a while since I've splurged on a new cute 'going out' outfit and I've definitely cut back on every day casual wear.. But one thing that really gets me excited, is anything that makes dog walking more comfortable.

I don't know what I'd do without the rain gear my mom got me last spring. Or my FitFlops. Oh man, how I'd die in the summer w/o my FitFlops! And of course, living in Northern Illinois, I've needed to invest in some serious cold weather gear. I bought an awesome long down puffy coat last year, but I was still lacking in the glove and boot department. My Uggs were warm, but not so much water proof... and my mittens were neither (and had holes in them..yikes).

So, this year, I decided to complete my warm weather trio and buy myself some waterproof gloves and boots... and I got them both AND my coat last year on EBay. Here are my finds:

DSC_8786

Gibson did not understand why I was not taking a photo of him :)

Aren't the boots super cute? Apparently they are some good brand, but all I care about is that they are cute and warm and waterproof :)

DSC_8804

The gloves are from LLBean and have thinsulate, so they should work better than the knit mittens w/holes. And the coat is just super warm. I've already worn it this year when it was cold and rainy.

So, that's it. I am kind of excited for it to snow so I can really try everything out!

DSC_8791

Gibson still doesn't understand what I was taking photos of though...

11 comments:

Laurie said...

Ohhh love them! I need new boots for this winter, desperately. You got them on ebay??? Can I ask what brand they are? I really like them! The coat and gloves look super comfy too!

Gibson looks so confused and adorable in these pics!

ClassyChassy said...

You could have dressed Gibson in the outfit - and took his picture - why were you trying to leave him out?? poor guy!

misskyliem said...

It's super rainy and wet here in Master Chew Sits too! I got soaked just trying to go out and do my ... well... you know! Now I'm curled as small as I can be Snoozing too! Mommy says she agrees that fashion is so much harder when it has to be practical!

Licks,
Kylie

Stella The Fluff said...

Great cold weather gear! Love the boots, I really do. If I was still living in the frozen tundra that IS Minnesota, that would be just the thing. I'm sure you'll really appreciate both the boots and gloves in the cold weather. Oh, and Stella wants Gibson to know she doesn't understand what you were taking pictures of either, hee hee!

That corgi :) said...

love those boots! looks like you are all set Kelly! now bring on the snow!!

betty

Aj said...

What brand are the boots? They are cute!

I am a Fitflop fanatic too, they're the only shoes that I wear now, since they are soo comfortable. I don't think they work in toning legs, but I don't care since they're super comfy! I have 2 regular fitflop sandals, 2 snakeskin fitflops sandals, and 1 billow ankle boot so far...

I like Gibson's expressions,haha.

Kelly said...

The boots are 'Sorel', and not sure which style, since I got them on Ebay :)

JulieandCaleb said...

Ooooh! Those boots are adorable!

CorgiTales said...

Cute boots and outfit Kelly! You're stylin' girl!! :)

I like how you included Gibson in the pics. He's such a cutie!

Lindsey said...

Yes, outdoor gear has become a staple in my wardrobe....luckily it's all comfy. That coat looks soooo warm.

ocmist said...

That looks so WARM!!! and I'm sitting here freezing at the moment! I just don't want to take the time to go and make a fire in the woodstove to warm up, since I'll be going to bed soon as it's almost 3 a.m.

Gibson is probably like Dott and has learned that the camera means it's time to pose! He looks adorable trying to get into the pics! Hope that coat doesn't hold onto the corgi hair to bad!

Related Posts with Thumbnails