Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fur Angel ♥

People always say that their dogs are their fur babies. Or fur kids. As important as their own children basically. Well, I think they are more like fur angels. Here to touch our lives, lift our spirits, and warm our hearts w/o asking much in return, before they pass on.. They love unconditionally.. As of Saturday, there is another fur angel in heaven... RIP Frankie.


I woke up Sunday morning to see I received an email from Frankie's mom, Lindsey. I figured it was about the calendar contest. Well it was, but she also told me that she had to put dear Frankie to sleep the day before :( I do not know many details, only that he was very ill.

I am still deeply saddened by this news. It seems like only yesterday we saw this spotty nosed little guy gracing us with his presence on her blog:

While the spots faded, his constant look of happiness did not. We all read about his life w/smiles on our faces as well.

On Sunday, I took Gibson to the park with me and let him off leash to run around in the woods in honor of Frankie, who was not yet 11 months...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...



11 comments:

Annie and Maggie said...

Ug. This hurts my heart. RIP Franky... look for my Stella, Emma, and Darwin - they'll take care of you.

JuLo said...

OMG, this just hit me like a slap in the face with a ton of bricks. What happened!? I remember when she first brought that little guy home and started his adorable blog! I'm definitely going to hug Theo a little tighter tonight (which he'll hate). Our fur babies aren't supposed to leave us so soon. Poor Lindsey! I'm glad he'll be immortalized in our calendars. :(

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Oh man, what a heartbreak.
I dread when this happens in our household. I cringe and growl as I sweep of dust balls of corgi fur...but, I would miss it so. And the zooms, and panting, and licks. Oh man!

Dozer and Coop said...

Oh my, my! I check Frankie's blog every day because it always such fun to see how far he had progressed. He was so young, it must have been terrible. It makes our issues with Dozer pale in comparison. Prayers for Frankie and his Mum tonight.

a corgi said...

oh I am soooo saddened. I remember her joy of getting Frankie and how excited she was to be getting a corgi; he wasn't even a year old :(, but I know he had some sickness a few months ago, I wanted to say Lyme disease, but I can't remember now

he was soooo cute too!

thanks Kelly for telling us :(

betty

glenni said...

thanks you for such a sweet sweet tribute to our wonderful frankie. ( i am frankies grandmama, jeep the border collies mama, whom we sadly lost on sept 1st). every day with our fur babies is truly a gift. lindsey and frankie were the best little team. frankie lived a BIG little life. lindsey's heart is broken in a million pieces. we miss him beyond measure and are very happy that he will be a calender pinup boy :)

Zoe said...

This is impossibly depressing and i'm currently overseas so I couldn't give Benhur a big hug. =(

I hope all the corgis in doggy heaven are gathering around and talking about their humans.

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

That's too, too sad... I don't even really know them but I'm welling up with tears... What a nice tribute to Frankie. Let's all give our corgis a big, big hug.

Lindsey said...

Thank you so much Kelly & Gibson :) I'm in such a deep depression and it's nice to know people are thinking of Frankie.

Lynn said...

What a nice tribute to Frankie. I just found frankie's blog through the calendar, and I am so saddened by the news. I'm going to give lucy an extra hug tonight.

Corgii said...

This breaks my heart :( My dog, Angus (scottish terrier) is very old and every day I'm a little more afraid that his time might be running out. I can't imagine how much pain Frankie's mom must be in =(

I'll hug my puppy tight when I see him today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails