Friday, October 9, 2009

Enough about Gibson.... 100th post!

So, I made it to 100, and a few weeks shy of my 1st blogiversary too!

I thought I'd do something a little different for this post and actually talk a little about myself. You see, I actually have a life outside of Gibson and corgis, corgis, and more corgis. I have other interests and hobbies, a husband, an awesome house, fun job, great friends and more :) Gibson is my kid and my angel always, of course... but I'm going to share the spotlight with him for just 1 post ;)

So, this is me:
Yes, I am obsessed w/my Gibson puppy. Can you blame me? I can take pictures w/o him too though, I promise...

See?? Like that.

This is my hubsband (yes, hubsband):
Daddy Love
These are my two boys. Oh and news-flash: The one on the left is named Ben ;) He is my rock. I'd probably be wandering around somewhere aimlessly if it wasn't for him.

This was our wedding..

Did I mention that I'm really really pale? Cause I am ;) I think I'm whiter than my wedding dress was.


This is my home:
It's old and really cool. I love old victorian homes though. I think it's from the 1880's. Oh and it's a lot of work. A LOT.

See?


I love home decorating though. I could sit for hours and watch HGTV.


I also love food. Cooking it, eating it, looking at it, reading about it, smelling it, you name it. I took a $45 cooking class last winter that changed my life and taught me that baking is not as hard as it seems. I now bake a few loaves of bread almost every weekend. I must say, I am pretty dang good at it too! Oh and I don't own a bread maker.. all by hand baby.
DSCF2180
Whole Wheat is my favorite to make :)

With food, comes wine, and we are total wine fanatics. We even honeymooned in Napa Valley :)


This is where I work...
DSCF2173
DSCF2171
I know, right?! I am a designer. It's a fun job, I can't lie. When I was in preschool I said I wanted to be a veterinarian or an artist. The moment I found out you'd have to dissect animals in order to be a vet, I chose the latter.

Well, that wasn't so bad. Maybe I'll do this more often if you guys don't mind ;)


And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming..
DSC_8223

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about Gibson and all of his silly antics but it was very nice to finally meet you! :)

JuLo said...

What a fabulous idea! I think I might have to do something similar on my blog. :D

You know, I think if we lived in the same city we might be the best of friends. Obviously we have the love of Corgis in common. And apparently cooking and wine drinking too! What else do you need? ;) Do you have Peter's Reinhart's book, the bread baker's apprentice? I just bought it this week and I am LOVING it! I can't wait to make sourdoughs and baguettes!

By the way, your house is AMAZING! I am in awe. It is completely gorgeous! And your desk area...wow. I could definitely live in your shoes for a day. :)

Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself with us!

Angela said...

Congratulations on your 100th post Kelly!

I love your post for today! Your wedding was beautiful! Gibson doesn't look much like you? Is he adopted? hehehe

I think that when baking the final product somewhat depends on your recipe and if you follow it. I haven't ever tried to make bread by hand but I do have a bread machine. I have a few really good recipes but I haven't ever tried to make wheat bread. You will have to post the recipe sometime!

Hugs,
Angela

a corgi said...

congrats on reaching 100! you adn your husband make a great looking couple!

betty

Joan said...

Congrats on 100! Nice to meet you too. Love the wedding shots. =)

^..^Corgidogmama said...

That...was just an awesome post! How clever to think of doing that. Looks like a well rounded life for you all, no wonder Gibson is such a happy ol' corgi kid!

CorgiTales said...

A great idea and really nice, personal post =)

Aj said...

Wow, what a wonderful transformation that house went through! I really liked the wedding picture with the people cheering in the background. Thanks for sharing a little bit more about yourself. :)

DIRR said...

thanks for sharing! Love your blog! Diana & Nala.

JulieandCaleb said...

What a fantastic idea for a post and a great way to get to know you! It's so funny, I started following your blog because we're both corgi crazy, turns out we also have similar tastes in baking and wine drinking. Hahaha...maybe it's a corgi person thing...I can see how some of their antics could drive us to seek solace in a nice glass of wine and obnoxious amount of carbs once in awhile. :-)

a corgi said...

just to let you know, Kelly, because I know you don't follow every single entry I do on my blog, I featured your corgi calendar on my last entry as part of a giveaway :)

isn't Napa Valley great?? been years since I was there, but who can resist all the wineries :)

betty

Kelly said...

haha cool, so I guess you guys didn't mind hearing about me :)

JuLo - I think you should do it! And I think we would be friends too :) I'll have to check out that book for sure! So far my favorite bread resource is cookingbread.com

Angela - I'll definitely post more about bread now that I know I wouldn't bore everyone to death hehe

Julie - maybe wine & corgis do go together! Or maybe all corgi owners just have fantastic taste ;)

Betty - Actually I DO read pretty much every entry on your blog and I did see that you are doing a contest! So awesome, I just did not comment on it since I obviously do not need a free one :)

monica said...

It was very nice to meet you!! Congrats on your 100th post!

Freya's Human said...

Wow, I don't know how I missed this!

It was so nice to meet you! I am so amazed that you can make bread without a bread maker. I'm taking baby steps and still trying to figure out which kitchen gadget is needed first in order to start the whole baking process. Any tips?

Oh and your wedding photos are amazing!

.lauryn said...

whats your bread recipe? I always love hearing how different people make bread :-)

Great Pyrenees said...

Hi this is ssssoooo cute! You corgi is the cutest thing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails