Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cuddle Bug / Blogiversary

About a week and a half ago, our boiler broke. I know, fun, right? We had a week without heat, while we waited for the new one to be ordered and installed. It wasn't THAT cold, but it was down to about 58 in the house, so a little uncomfortable. During that time, Ben and I would sit on the couch every night, under numerous blankets, with Gibson in the middle of us as a space heater. Every night, Gibson would fall asleep on us and look like the happiest puppy in the world.

Little did we know, that this week would turn Gibson into the ultimate cuddle bug. Our house is now toasty warm w/a brand new highly efficient boiler, and Gibson still expects us to cuddle with him on the couch every night. It is the new nightly tradition according to him. He'll get as much on my lap as he possibly can before he falls asleep. He even 'demanded' that I come over to the couch with him on Monday, when I was busy working on my computer, watching Gossip girl that night... haha He stood w/ his paws on the arms of the couch and 'woofed' at me until I came over. What a dork :)

DSC_8567
This is usually the scene. Wine and all ;)

DSC_8589
Pink Baby wanted in on the action too!

Those two are becoming great friends. She loves Gibson. She even decided she wanted to match his costume this year for Halloween!
DSC_8591


So, today is my 1 year blogiversary
It started off as just a journal I wanted to keep of Gibson as he was a puppy, but it has turned into much more than that. I feel like we have a little corgi community going and it's great :)

Yesterday I asked if any of you had any questions for me... about corgis, blogging, gibson, baking, anything! Um, one person asked me a question hehe... so here it is...

Could you post the recipe for your wheat bread?
Sure! I use this recipe for my wheat bread: http://www.cookingbread.com/classes/class_ww_buckwheat_honey_bread.html (haha, aren't I fancy?)
It is so easy! If you have any other questions about baking the bread, let me know.J

If anyone else has anything random to ask, ask away!


So now I'd like to ask you readers some questions...

1. What's your favorite things about Corgi Butts (the blog...but you can say what you like about the fluffy bums too I suppose ;) )?
2. Anything you'd like to see more of?
3. Anything you'd like to see less of?
4. Is there anything I could do to make the blog better/more enjoyable?

That's it! If you could take the time to answer that would be awesome :)

12 comments:

Dozer and Coop said...

Happy Anniversary! Didn't your first year go fast?

What are your nicknames for Gibson?
What is Gibson's favorite food?
and
What is Gibson's one claim to fame?

ClassyChassy said...

Cute pics of Gibson! My fav thing about your blog was the calendar contest - it was such a wonderful idea!!! Will you be doing it next year?

seeking the truth said...

Happy Blogiversary Kelli and Gibson! such a cute picture of him snuggling!

you have a great blog; I think it is all wonderful; have no suggestions to make it better :)

betty

Laurie said...

Awww love the snuggling! Sadie is a major snuggler. She always has to be touching me, and she barks at me, too, if I'm not paying attention, or she can't easily jump on my lap!!!

As for the blog, I've only recently discovered it, but I love hearing your Corgi stories. But most of all, I love seeing pictures of Gibson!!!! That's the best. So more pics would be awesome. It's fun to hear about what's going on with Gibson though, and to see how similar Corgis are!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Don't you just love to snuggle with a corgi? Boy, it ranks high with me too.
I see ol' Pink Baby is ready for Halloween, sure is a cute little punkin outfit. Happy Blogiversary. It flies by doesn't it? It's 3 yrs. for me in Nov.
I'll be doing a giveaway next month to celebrate.
Love the bread recipe, thanks for sharing.
I, too, think that your calendar idea was a great one!

Aj said...

1. My favorite things about Corgi Butts are of any story that you tell about Gibson, or anything really. And definitely all of the wonderful pictures you take.
2. I can't get enough of the pictures!
3. I would like to see less of...nothing?
4. Keep doing what you're doing with the blog. :)

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Khongrats on the FURST "Blogiversary"

How khool to see PB so khomfy and khute!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: This is our furst official visit! We're following PB's journey!

Freya's Human said...

Happy Blogiversary! I love your blog, I love the pics and the calendar that you set up--it was too cool.

I wish Freya is more of a cuddle bug. Unfortunately, the only time she is a cuddle bug is when I'm driving or a passenger.

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Happy anniversary! The cuddly pix are too cute! Bryson is jealous ;)

Bijou said...

HaPpY 1st BlOgIvErSaRy !

We like your blog as is, but we would love it if Gibson could post too.

Waggles,
Bijou

.lauryn said...

yay thank you for the bread recipe, Im going to try it this coming week! I just recently started reading your blog (via-burger of young house love) and I have to say I really love pictures! Gibson is so adorable-show us more! And more about you and your hubbie too :-) Blog readers always want to know everything!

JuLo said...

OMG, I didn't know Corgis could cuddle! You know what Theo would be doing in the picture? Well he wouldn't be in the picture for one thing. He'd be 2 feet away on the floor. Unless I was holding him on my lap, in which case he'd be looking longingly at the floor, hoping I'll get the hint and let him go. That's my Corgi.

Oh thanks for the bread recipe! I'll have to try it! Hey, have you heard of the window pane test for bread baking? I'm definitely lacking in the kneading aspect. I never understand what's too much or too little. I made some pumpernickel over the weekend and I think I overkneaded it. It was elastic once everything was just incorporated, but the more I kneaded, the stickier it got. I wasn't sure if that meant I overkneaded it, or if it just needed more flour. But then I could just add flour forever it seems like. Any clue? I'm such a novice.

My favorite thing about Corgi Butts is definitely all the adorable pictures and stories about Gibson, which is so general it's a cop out! Hehe. Really, I like reading about your lives together. Like this post, and the picture showing you drinking wine and Gibson in your lap asleep. I have no idea why I find it interesting, I just do. I'd like to see more....posts? Heh, I dunno. I'd say less videos, but I don't really want that, I just want to be able to view them at work, which I can't. Poop.

Related Posts with Thumbnails