Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Corgis (with blogs) 2010 Calendar Contest!

I've been dreaming up this project for quite some time now, and it is finally ready! So, *ahem* , without further ado, I'd like to announce the "Corgis (with blogs) 2010 Calendar Contest!"

cal

I am now accepting entries to the calendar! The only requirement is that you have a corgi & a blog (that hopefully is about or features your corgi from time to time). The goal of this project is to show love for our corgis, help promote each others blogs, and to raise money for corgi rescue!

The Details
  • Each month will feature a corgi's photo, it's name, short bio and it's blog name & web address!
  • 100% of the profits will be donated to the Lakeshore Corgi Rescue.
  • Winners will receive a free Corgis (with blogs) 2010 Calendar or they can choose to have me donate the cost of the calendar to Lakeshore Corgi Rescue instead.
  • I would like to feature a different corgi/blog every month, but the most important thing is to have high quality images, so it is possible that a corgi may be featured more than once.
  • The calendar will be ready to go for the holiday shopping season!
Submission Guidelines
  • All entries should be emailed to ksteck23(at)gmail.com - replace (at) with the @ symbol - no later than September 30, 2009.
  • You may submit as many high quality photos as you like.
  • When you submit your entries, please include your dog's name and your blog's name & web address.
  • You can send low-res versions of your photos as entries, but the original photos should be at least 11.25" wide and 8.75" high at 300dpi to ensure the highest quality calendar.
  • Photos received may be cropped and resized to fit specific calendar sizes.
  • You will retain the rights to your own photos, and can still submit them to any other contest, sell them, or use them however else you like!
Photo Tips
  • Photos w/just corgis (no humans) will be more likely to get accepted.
  • Photos can be from previous years if they are your best photos.
  • Outdoor and season specific shots always work well!
  • There can be multiple corgis per photo submission.

So there you have it! Let me know if you have any questions. I hope to see some awesome photos soon! :)

14 comments:

a corgi said...

this is sooo awesome, Kelly! we'll have to think of some poses for Koda.....(after he loses 3-4 pounds and goes to the spa). Seriously, we will submit something; just have to think of the right place to pose him.

cool project too! I can't wait to see how it turns out! I'll spread the word too!

betty

ClassyChassy said...

How Wonderful!!! And so great for Lakeshore Corgi Rescue!!! My favorite Rescue in the WORLD!!! I will have to get some pics of my girls - how many corgis to a photo???

coopercreek said...

Will definitely send in some entries. What an awesome idea and for a great cause.

ocmist said...

This is such an awesome idea and an awesome project with a wonderful purpose! We will definitely be submitting some pics. We were wondering about a corgi collage picture as we have several corgi/ corgi mixes here at Corgi Country. Linda (OC's Mom)

Kelly said...

There can be multiple corgis per photo submission :)

monica said...

This is just so awesome! I was just sent over here by Betty at a corgi and how wonderful! I will enter my corgi and what a wonderful cause!

Dances with Corgis said...

Totally cook idea :)

(goes to round up an entry).

Joan said...

I sent your blog a little award. =)

Visit mine to learn more.

Lindsey said...

Awesome! I'll try to get Frankie to sit still for a photo shoot!

Laurie Eno said...

Hey Kelly ...

Can I mention this on The Daily Corgi and in a The Daily Corgi tweet?

Readership is growing and I'd like to help out with this, if I can.

Cheers,

Laurie
thedailycorgi.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

Laurie, of course! Post away! :)

Freya's Human said...

Kelly, I need to do this! I hope I have a decent picture in holding. Awesome idea:D.

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

Can't wait to see (and buy!) the finished product. Have a happy week. Warmly, Cathy ^..^

Aj said...

Submitted my Ein's pics!

Related Posts with Thumbnails