Monday, July 13, 2009

Ripples! (Gibson's dog treat review)

So, I was contacted a while ago ask asked if I would write a review on here for "Ripples - The Softer Healthy & Delicious Dog Treat." Why not?! I thought. Well, the sample arrived this weekend and both Gibson and I were quite excited!

Since I was not going to taste test the treat itself, I thought I could provide the technical aspects of Ripples.

DSCF2121

The treat I received came in a partially clear plastic package and was the chicken flavored variety and medium size. A perfect size for corgis I might add. They claim on the front that they are "healthy" and "low calorie/low fat". A quick peek on the back confirms this, listing the following:

-Not less than 30% protein
-Not more than 5% crude fat
-Wheat products instead of corn
-No by products
-Contains sweet potatoes!

Sounds more healthy than a lot of chews I've seen, but taste was the real test. So, now on to Gibson's review..

DSCF2122
"What is that?? I wants that!"

DSCF2124
"Nom, gives me!"

DSCF2125
"Oh it hads a package. Ok gives me it like this!"

I finally "gaves" it to Gibson after I inspected it's softness, rippled texture and smell (quite chicken-y!). As you can see, he quite enjoyed himself!


Any treat or chew that makes Gibson dance is a winner in my book! I would say this is a combination of a treat & a chew since it lasted longer than a regular treat, but not that long. He devoured the whole thing in less than 10 minutes. He is quite the determined eater though!

So, after the crumbs were all sucked off the carpet by Gibson, I must say that the Ripple was a hit. I definitely do not think these are a 1 to 2 times a day treat (like the package suggests), but I think as a once in a while awesome treat, these are perfect!

8 comments:

a corgi said...

they sound good, Kelly; I like what they are made of. I wonder where someone can buy them? I never heard of them before. Gibson keeps looking at you in the video like "leave me alone and let me enjoy this". Too cute! I think he definitely did like it because that's what Koda does too, as far as rolling around on top of a treat and throwing it around a bit before he eats it. Must be a dominance thing or something, LOL

and of course he is a determined eater; he's a corgi :)

thanks for the review :)

betty

Kelly said...

I believe they are sold at Petsmart & Drs Foster & Smith! :)

ClassyChassy said...

Corgis and food - a good match! Tail waggin good!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Corgis can play, get exercised and eat a treat all at the same time~

Esther said...

Cute video! Looks like Gibson really enjoyed the Ripples :)

Sabrina Horton said...

Luna does the same thing when she gets a chew - runs away with it! She also attacks it before she digs in. Go Gibson!

Infrared Goggles said...

Wow, so many gorgeous photos of Gibson! I enjoyed his birthday post. We will check out the puppy power bar, thanks for that info. It's great to see how healthy and happy a Corgi can be. I hope Teg looks as lovely as Gibson at one year. :)

Al said...

Great video! Our Corgi, Herman isn't quite as animated, but then he's also 7 years older than Gibson. :)

Slightly off topic, Les and I are dying to know who's version of "I've Just Seen a Face" you used. It's a fantastic rendition! Care to share?

-Al and Les

Related Posts with Thumbnails