Tuesday, May 19, 2009

From adorable to annoying...

Last night, my husband and I were watching the season finale of 24 (which was lame, but that's another story ;) ), which meant us sitting on the couch for 2 hours straight. Gibson must have been feeling especially lovey-dovey last night, because within the first 20 minutes he came over and sat "side-saddle" (with his legs out to the side) next to the couch, which is a sure sign that he wants to be picked up (it's the most adorable thing ever, really). I swear, he was like jello last night! We could position him any way that we wanted and he would not fuss one bit..my husband actually cradled him like a baby for most of the show and he just laid there and looked fat and happy :) We kept switching turns holding him throughout the show and he did not tire of it until eventually he got a too hot (one of many downfalls of that thick undercoat corgis have!) and had to be moved onto his cool leather chair.

I love moments like these, when Gibson wants attention, but will take the kind that you are in the mood to give. It makes me feel so completely lucky to have such a good dog and a happy family. That all went out the window this morning though...

6:00 a.m. I woke up (out of a pretty good dream) to the sound of Gibson crying. I open my eyes, and he is standing on the other side of the bed, crying in my husband's face. He sees me wake up so he struggles to get over my husband and come see me to cry in my face. Ugh, seriously? 45 minutes before my alarm normally goes off? I tried to ignore him but he wouldn't stop crying, so I put him on the floor and opened to door to see if he was just bored or if he actually needed to go out. The crying continued along with jumping up at the bed, so it must be the latter. So, I took him out to pee, let him back in, then quickly went back to bed, hoping he'd find something to do to entertain himself til my alarm went off.

2 minutes later he was back by my side jumping and whining at me to get up. It was now 6:15. I still had 30 minutes left to sleep, but apparently I needed to wake up early today because the prince needed his breakfast *rolls eyes*. The morning routine had started and Gibson had to remind me to what I was supposed to be doing next. I tried to lay back down on the couch while he ate, but as soon as he was done he was on top of me whining to let him out to poop. Oh the life of a dog owner...

Walking was required of me next of course, and again, earlier than we usually go. Only it wasn't a walk, it was a crawl. I swear, he must know how much I hate it when he turns our walks into a "I must smell every inch of ground the entire way and pull on the leash and annoy mommy" event...

Needless to say, I was not very lovey-dovey towards HIM this morning. I think he must have been buttering me up last night...

9 comments:

a corgi said...

Gibson's twin lives here in Southern California; Koda loves that kind of a walk too, drives me crazy too.

so cute about Gibson being cuddly like that. they are so unpredictable but at the same time predictable. they like their schedules and if they think its time to eat or sleep or get walked, they do let it known for sure

I don't usually follow 24 but I was reading on Facebook one of my friends over there said the same thing about the finale.

enjoy the day

betty

ClassyChassy said...

I'm not a 24 fan at all - my hubby is, and he was glued to the TV for the 2 hrs last night. I went to bed early! Gibson has a cute personality - but how unwelcomed to have to be roused that way so early in the morning!!! What a little stinker - awwww - but ain't he cute!

Allidink said...

Aw. I'm sure he just wanted attention :)

All the best,
Allison

Esther said...

Bwahaha. Dogs. Gotta love 'em!

Josh&Alli said...

I wish you could have gotten a picture!!

Infrared Goggles said...

Oh, I love it, the fickleness of Corgis! Adorable side-saddle description. Teggie is almost able to jump onto the couch (her mom is an agility girl), but does a similar move to ask to be picked up. I so love cutie-pie Gibson!

Warmly,
Christiane

Kelly said...

haha, I'm glad you all think he is still cute..I still think he is an ASS! lol

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Ha ha, little brat! Bryson has some of those days too :)

Sabrina Horton said...

Haha! Luna does the same thing on weekends. I swear she is an alarm clock sometimes. I've threatened many times to put her in her crate on weekend nights, but she's been getting better so far....

Related Posts with Thumbnails