Thursday, April 16, 2009

Doggie Ice Cream!

Doggie Ice Cream!

Since it is finally warming up outside, I thought I would try making doggie ice cream for Gibson! I first saw the recipe for this on Ivy's Blog last fall, but Gibson was just too young to try it at the time and then winter came and stuck around forever.. so this has been my first chance to make it. It is sooo easy! Here is the (modified) recipe!

16oz plain yogurt
1 banana
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 handful frozen or fresh blueberries (optional)

Mash the first three ingredients together until smooth and then stir in the blueberries. Scoop mixture into icecube trays and freeze. Microwave a few seconds before serving. (Makes 1 ice cube tray of ice cream)

We always have these ingredients in the house from making smoothies, so this was such an easy treat to make. The orginal recipe uses 32oz of yogurt and also calls for 2 tbsp of honey, but I changed it because we only had half a carton of yogurt left and no honey in the house :) I dont think Gibson minds!

Nom Nom! Evil Gibson!

12 comments:

Lin said...

That sounds like a healthy treat for humans, too! I think I'll make some of those! Hope Gibson enjoyed them!

Angela said...

Looks like Gibson had a great and healthy treat! I will have to try to make those for my Jazz and Two. Jazz loves to eat ice in the summer so I'm sure she will love those because your recipe has some actual flavor! hehehe
Thanks for sharing that recipe with us!
Hugs,
Angela

ClassyChassy said...

Hey - thanks for the tip! That looks like a treat that would delight any dog's taste buds!

the Corgi Girls said...

YUMMY, we love homemade treats!

a corgi said...

yum!! I bet Koda would like it (of course he would like it, he's a corgi, LOL)

I'm going to try it some time!

betty

Donna said...

This is awesome, I have to try & make these!!!!

Foster Mama said...

Those sound yummy!!! I'll have to make some for Sugar and Mojo.

Christina said...

Aw that's awesome, looks like he loved it

Sabrina Horton said...

I think I'll have to try this treat with Luna!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Terrific idea!
The corgi kids will LOVE these!

Anonymous said...

Cool recipe! I am going to try it and give it to my corgi

Corgipaws said...

I made that recipe but on a peanut butter jar cap so it won't make a mess and melt.. and my corgi loved it more than anything! He would not let me touch him or even get 3 feet away from him! I am going to make him one every week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails