Monday, March 9, 2009

Chicago Area Corgi Meetup



Our meetup was yesterday and it was SO much fun! We had to drop off Coal at my parents on Saturday, which was convenient, because the location, Pawsitively Heaven Pet Resort, was about halfway between their house and ours!

We got there about 15 minutes ahead of schedule and met a cute little tri girl, who Gibson ran around with before the crowd started piling in. My husband I were interested to see how big/chubby Gibson was compared to other corgis, and he was just about the same size as this girl, but a little wider (we decided he needed to go on a diet after seeing other corgis...he is a tubby one...still on the smaller side though!). Then, the crowd really started piling in. Gibson was so excited, but I think he felt the same way that I did: Overwhelmed! Corgis flying everywhere, barking, playing fetch, chasing each other, it was insane! I think there were around 15 total, but I never could count them all. I was surprised how shy Gibson was being, since he is normally such a social butterfly. He at first just came and sat by me and watched and then kept walking slowly around the perimeter of the room haha. Once the initial excitement wore off though, he was able to start making friends and be his normal self (he still never ran at full speed for some reason though..I guess he wanted to show everyone how he waddled instead). He made a few "BFFs" that he bodyslammed for a good 10 minutes each (it's his favorite way to play w/other dogs). He passed out for 2 hours as soon as we left, woke up for dinner/potty, then slept 12 HOURS straight til I woke up this morning! So, I would call the whole event a success!

Here is a little video I put together of the day's events!

10 comments:

a corgi said...

how cute!!! I loved the video!! most of them looked like they were the tan color like Gibson; I kept looking for the tri's like Koda but didn't see any; all adorable!! Gibson does look a bit smaller than the others, but we don't call it "tubby" here, we call it "muscular or big boned" but Mr. Koda went on a new diet this morning too

glad you guys all had fun!!

betty

ClassyChassy said...

What a delightful video!!! My girls were barking when they heard the barks from the speakers here!! So much fun to watch their interactions!

Lin said...

All those Corgis in Chicago and I missed it? Glad you had fun!

Sabrina Horton said...

I put Luna in my lap so she could watch and she gave out a few warning barks! Looks like everyone had fun.

Jenna Z said...

Wow, there were a couple of really chunky corgis there. That one the little girl gives a treat is quite a little log. But I've seen much worse. The exercise was good for them!

Kelly said...

Betty- There was one w/Koda's coloring, but yep, most were red & whites!

ClassyChassy & Sabrina- haha yeah, there was one corgi that was a total barker. She was really cute, but quite the busy body :)

Lin- Are you in the area? Do you have a corgi?? You'll have to come to the next one!

Jenna - There were, but a lot of them seemed really skinny to me! The one you are talking about is an 'oversized' corgi..he was the biggest of his litter and weighs almost 40lbs! He looks like a polar bear or a golden retriever w/stubby legs hehe, but so cute and sweet :)

Lin said...

Kelly,
I do live in the Chicago area, but unfortunately, am not lucky enough to have a Corgi. I am, however, Corgi obsessed! I am lucky enough to have a sweet, old lady, Husky/Shepard mix, Xena, who I found one day after someone "dumped" her. I do love looking at all those cute corgis, though! (just ask Betty!)

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Wow, what a great video! And what a wonderful location to meet, looks like they have an indoor/outdoor set up? The one in San Francisco is an outdoor park, and sometimes Bryson tries to sneak away when he's being ultra anti-social :( This almost looks like a daycare center (with a lot more fur)! :)

Kelly said...

Ivy, it is a boarding/spa place for dogs that you can rent out for parties on Sundays! :) It had an outdoor area attached to the room, which was awesome!

SJ said...

When's the next one?

Related Posts with Thumbnails