Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Doctor's Orders, Schmoctor's Orders!

So apparently both Gibson and myself (mainly me) are terrible at following doctor's orders. For 14 days, Gibson was not supposed to run, jump, use stairs or go outside unless it was to potty (and that had to be on a leash!). 14 days. Well, by day 2, Gibson was wanting to play like normal. I wouldn't throw things for him to fetch, but we took short walks and played a lot. I carried him up and down stairs and was somewhat more gentle with him. Now, it's day 6 and it's like he didn't even have surgery (whoops!). Up/down stairs, running, jumping, long walks, you name it, we do it! He seems absolutely fine and I still check his stitches every day to make sure they look ok. He's doing wonderfully and seems fully recovered. 14 days... come on!

8 comments:

Pam said...

Yea, we did the same thing when Momo got neutered =\ I mean, are they kidding?? Not let a puppy be active for 2 weeks? Anyway, his stitches healed up fine in the end!

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

Glad he is doing well. It is hard to keep puppies quiet for any reason though, I agree, even for neutering, I mean 'tutoring' (we don't say the 'n' word around our intact male Champion, it makes him nervous.

a corgi said...

LOL, Kelly, 14 days does seem a bit excessive; seems like Gibson is doing just fine and as long as you are watching those stitches of his, just enjoy!!

glad he made a good recovery :)

betty

Chantel said...

I also think 14 days is excessive. I still let my puppies play after they had their surgery, but I just made sure they didnt go overboard.

Poor Liam (our Beagle) also had the 'snip' the same day Gibson did, and he got it bad. Only one testicle dropped, so they had to take the other one out, and it was in his stomach...so he has a huge cut along his stomach. He's 100% though...he can't stop playing.

Don't worry too much about Gibson, I think they heal very quickly, 14 days is probably just a precaution :-)

Freya's Human said...

I'm glad that he's feeling better! I say go with the corgi, he would slow down if he's hurting.

Freya's Human said...

Really? That's awesome, I'll have to try that then! Puppy supplies...yeah I've been trying to catch up too and be some what thrifty too. Thanks for the tip:D.

Freya's Human said...

Oh, I'm so jealous that you can have hedgies in your state! I've always wanted one, they are soo adorable, especially when they eat and their entire face moves.

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh, my corgi did the same thing. She was trying to run around just as if nothing had happened.

Related Posts with Thumbnails