Friday, December 12, 2008

I Elfed My Family

Can you believe Christmas is less than two weeks away? Sheesh. Luckily, I'm pretty much done w/shopping, woot. We bought our tree and put it up last Sunday. This is my first real tree ever, and I must say, I lovvve the smell. It's like I have an evergreen candle burning all day long :) I was scared about how Gibson would react to it, and he took it very well the first night. He did not even seem phased by the thing and actually went and layed on the tree skirt while we were eating dinner (aww).


That all changed on Tuesday, when I came home from work at the tree was on it's side!!! I don't know what happened, but it was not fun and Gibson was a little weirded out by it. Weirded out turned to him being petrified by it when I tried to stand the tree up by myself and it fell back over onto a bookcase, breaking a few members of our nativity scene on top of it! I shrieked, so Gibson freaked...crawling into my lap, giving me kisses, and then wanted to get as far away from the tree as possible. He kept wanting to go outside and then just hung out in the opposite side of the house the rest of the night. He's doing better around it now, but definitely keeps his distance and won't retrieve any toys that go near it...which I guess is a good thing since I did not want him drinking tree water, eating needles, or opening presents!

And now for your viewing pleasure, and ElfYourself of my family (with Gibson as the star!). Enjoy!


Send your own ElfYourself eCards


My mom asked how Gibson felt having long legs haha.

6 comments:

Corgidogmama~ said...

Corgi cuteness for sure!
You guys aren't bad either, he hee!

a corgi said...

love your elf family!! I remember doing this last year, LOL

poor Gibson; don't you wish you had a video camera set up to see what happened with the tree?? Koda pretty much stayed away from the tree, but we have always had artificial ones and this year I went small with a 4-foot one on a table so he's not bothered by it at all

I know what you mean; I can't believe Christmas is so close!

betty

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Ha ha ha!!! I can't stop laughing!! I bet Gibson enjoyed being tall for 30 seconds :D

And maybe it was a good thing that he's scared of the tree (given our experience w/ Bryson). Don't real trees smell addicting? ;)

MoonMystic said...

Be sure Gibson can't get into the tree water. I've had several friends with their dogs at the animal ER because of drinking tree water!

Hugs to Gibson.

Kelly said...

Corgidogmama- Thanks, we try! ;)

Betty - I know, I wonder when and how it happend (I'm guessing we just did not set it up properly..but still). Poor Gibson was probably woofing his head off at it.

Ivy - I know, the tree falling over was probably a blessing in disguise! I remember when I was young our 10 month old golden retriever destroyed all of our presents under our tree..I opened up a barbie that had it's foot chewed off!!

MoonMystic - Oh don't worry I am.. We do not put any chemicals in the water though (just the occasional sugar), so if something DID happen, it wouldn't be as bad.

Dances with Corgis said...

Heh. Tacky yet hilarious :) I may steal your idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails