Sunday, November 23, 2008

AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy

I got an email about this the other day and found it ineresting. I hope they offer it in my area!

Meet AKC S.T.A.R. PuppySM—
The New Puppy Level of Canine Good Citizen



Every puppy deserves a great start in life and the AKC's newest program for puppies is here to help that happen.

AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy, the recently unveiled puppy level of the AKC Canine Good Citizen Program, is designed to reward owners who have taken the time to take their puppies to a puppy or basic training class at least 6 weeks long.

"STAR" is an acronym for Socialization, Training, Activity, and a Responsible owner, all the things every puppy needs. AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy is open to purebred and mixed breed dogs and the program defines ‘puppy’ as a dog up to the age of 1 year old.

Read More Here

3 comments:

JuLo said...

Ack! You beat me to it! I got an email about this the other day as well and meant to post about it. I think it's a great idea! I love that you get a little medal and everything. You should try emailing some trainers in your area to ask if they're going to start doing it. I'm going to ask mine for sure. It's too late for Theo, since he got his CGC and all, but I think it's a great idea!

Kelly said...

haha sorry! I will definitely be checking about it. I would think my trainer would be able to administer this, since she already saw Gibson for 6 weeks and will be doing regular cgc testing in the spring. We'll see!

Lynn said...

Ack, too late for Lucy! She just turned a year old! We'll have to work towards her CGC!

Related Posts with Thumbnails